Author Topic: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events  (Read 17815 times)

Offline Asprin

"Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events
Hello.

"When the Drakness Fall" campaign will be rereleased as soon as possible with some new updates. Let me introduce them:

I). New Minbari ship models adapted in game:

MINBARI MORSHIN CARRIER

MINBARI TROLIGAN ATTACK CRUISER

MINBARI TOROTHA ASSAULT FRIGATE

NOTES: Shine maps are in test mode. Ingame model versions by Abigale.

2). New Shadow ships adapted in game.

SHADOW HEAVY FIGHTER

SHADOW INTERCEPTOR

SHADOW ASSAULT

SHADOW HEAVY ASSAULT

SHADOW CARRIER

SHADOW CHASER

NOTES: Ingame model versions by Asprin.

3). New Drakh vessel adapted in game

DRAKH ADVANCED RAIDER

NOTES: Ingame model version by Asprin.

4). Firstones ships adapted in game

KIRISHIAC LORDSHIP

TORVALUS

THOUGHTFORCE

TRIAD TRIUMVIRON

4.1). Firstones small ships adapted in game

TRIAD INTERCEPTOR

KIRISHIAC INTERCEPTOR

NOTES: Ingame model versions by Abigale.

5). Grey Star model updated

NOTES: Shine maps and textures color are in test mode. This geometry is middle between ISA Whitestar, ISA Bluestar and ISA Advanced Whitestar. Ingame model by Asprin.

6). Soul Hunter ship adapted in game.

7). Ships almost adatpted in game

BABYLON 4

NOTES: Model is texturing and arming. Ingame model version by Asprin.

SIGMA WALKER

NOTES: Model is texturing. Ingame model version by Asprin.

8). Also, we've updated the storyline, some ingame sounds and interface, and, of course, we've began work with voices.

Thanks for your attention and support.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline redmenace

Re: "Firstones Alliance - Shadows war" - current events
I am very confused? Are you saying that these ships are ready for fs2_open?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Asprin

Yes. Shine maps will be ready today in 1-2 hours.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:  -has been rendered completely mute-

Offline redmenace

So are these going into TBP?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Looks good...

But not really all exited about new shadow ships... Totally isn't their style...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Asprin

So are these going into TBP?

If you're talking about official TBP - well...I'm do not know; but these will be in our WDF 2.0 release.

But not really all exited about new shadow ships... Totally isn't their style...

More than possible....but... :)
QuantreTech Studios

Offline rynadrk

Now, are those models made from scratch or taken from a site?

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
I can answer that in part at least.  The Shadow ships are probably from scratch; I've never seen them before.  But the Minbari vessels are from a ship art site I ran across, and the soul hunter ship and Babylon 4 are official.  The firstone ships probably are too, though I've never seen what they look like until now.

Offline rynadrk

Well, you see I've seen those designs on a website with models of all the ships and even some fan made ships.  So I was wondering if he reduced the poly count to get them in game or just took them as tehy were and put them in game.

Offline Asprin

I assumed, that the similar reasons can arise, so let me explain - It is very interesting, what can be, if you will take any finished model and will try to reduce poly, up to necessary ingame limit; even if to assume that you are right - we should see not models, we should see geometrical figure reminding this models; Further: I don't know any sites, that give an opportunity to download low poly models, all of them are VERY high poly.

Now, If you are interesting in technical details of this work: some parts of this models were created manually, some were taken from the already existing TBP models.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline rynadrk

Well, I'm impressed that you've made so many ships.  I hope they are put into the official TBP releases.  Also, are they all ready in game?

Offline Asprin

Also, are they all ready in game?

I've just finished with turrets and subsystems, and I'm hope that Abigale has already finished with the shine maps. Well, I'm going to check it out now.
QuantreTech Studios

damn, i wanted to do many of those ships. you took a lot of work from me when doing the firstone ships and the minbari ships. and let me say, you did a great job on all of those ships. the shadow ones though are not that good imo. somehow too similar to each other.
anyway, i hope you can donate these to the TBP.

btw, how many polys and textures did you use for the minbari and first one ships? if you used textures from the high poly version, did you have permission? what modeling program did you use? what format does the textures have?

Offline redmenace

I think those are Fabio's designs.
http://www.meshweaver.com/
              -Frederic Bastiat

All I can say is:

Yay! First Ones!

EDIT:

The Minbari ships are from B5Wars, but I don't recognize the others. The colors seem allright, excepting maybe the Torvalus. It always seemed to have a darker, less greenish color... Same with the Triad, it was very dark hulled with the red glowy bits. However, it looks like that that is lighting from suns, yes? And not the actual texture colors?

Also, hope we can see them in core TBP. That'd rock.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 08:16:24 pm by Azrael15 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That Greystar model originated as a successor to the Whitestar.  I'm personally against the idea that the Minbari had ANY organic-drived ships in that war.  Otherwise, you'd expect their modern warships to incorporate it (same for the Drakh).  That said, its not my campaign, and I'm not familiar with the plot and explanations for these additions, so what do I know?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Asprin

how many polys and textures did you use for the minbari and first one ships? if you used textures from the high poly version, did you have permission? what modeling program did you use? what format does the textures have?

MF MORSHIN - 6200 poly
MF TROLIGAN - 5230 poly
MF TOROTHA - 6500 poly
TRIAD - 6000 poly
TORVALUS - 6000 poly
LORD SHIP - 7000 poly
THOUGHTFORCE - 5000

SHADOW HEAVY ASSAULT - 1900 poly
SHADOW CARRIER - 1800 poly
SHADOW CHASER - 2300 poly
SHADOW ASSAULT - 1990 poly
SHADOW INTERCEPTOR - 1996 poly
SHADOW HEAVY FIGHTER - 1900 poly

All textures are in Indexed PCX with adaptive palette and duplicated in the JPG (RGB) format, and we
did not use textures from the high poly versions: Abigale is the professional artist and she has not
agreed with those variants, as the result she has redrew them with some changes.
We've used TRUE SPACE v.6.5; and for the texturing - LITH UNWARP v. 1.3

I think those are Fabio's designs.

Negative. But thanks for the link - there are many interesting.

I'm personally against the idea that the Minbari had ANY organic-drived ships in that war.

As I've already sad this vessel has lower technical characteristics than Whitestar, moreover, Minbari did all dirty work in that war, as the result, Vorlons could give some technologies.
QuantreTech Studios

one more question: for tbp the polycounts are quite high, but i think this would be ok if the models are LODed well enough. so are there LOD1 to 3? and how many polys do they have?

if this is ok i think you should send Trivial Psychic the models, he will do first steps to put them in core TBP.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Oh and by the way. TBP has a 95% complete Babylon 4. It just needs turrets, which you could steal from Babylon 5. You should approach the TBP team and ask them if you can complete that Babylon 4. It'll save you a lot of work and the model looks absolutely jaw droppingly awesome in-game. So ends my hint for the day.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.