Author Topic: Release: single mission-Epiphanies-test version  (Read 3543 times)

Offline babylon5comlink

• WTF=What the fred2?!
Release: single mission-Epiphanies-test version
I have finally semi-finished my single mission I have been working on. :) It has not been debugged so this is the test version to see if it needs any editing. :sigh: I think that you should put the mission in your Zathras mod under missions in the data file; if this is not the correct place to put it please tell me. (example: main directory\zathras\data missions) Above all give me feedback on the mission. :nod:

Here is the download link: http://sites.google.com/site/babylon5comlinkshome/tbp-single-missons/Epiphanies-B5C-single-ver1.5.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Edit: re-did the download link for the mission

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:22:19 pm by babylon5comlink »
_________________TBP___________________

Babylon 5 addict!!!

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One." Ranger Motto

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Re: Release: single mission-Epiphanies-test version
Ok, played it.
I'll comment only on what i saw ingame, as i haven't checked it in FRED.

The Good:

Spoiler:

Adding all the VA from the show to the Briefings is pretty cool, gave me instantly a "yeah, the good old times..." feeling.  :yes:
Same thing for the ingame comchatter.
The backgrounds are nicely put together.

Very Atmospheric.

The Bad:

Spoiler:

The mission is short. Seriously.
Playtime on medium around 1.30min, with no involvement from me whatsoever.
In most cases, Missions based on certain events on TVShows, don't work. This is one of them, this mission doesn't work "as it is". You have to change it a bit, to make enjoyable for the player.
Remove the Missiles from the loadout, for both all the AI and the Player for instance.

The screen is black on Mission start...for too long.
You could make the duration of this shorter and place an Jumpout effect in the middle
of the Jumpgate. That would be a nice touch.

Take what i said as suggestion.
You've put a lot of effort in this, and i'd like to see a polished final version.  :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well at least there was no Ugly.  :warp:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

Yeah. There is an epiphanies mission in EACW as well, and if I hadn't embedded the mission into the campaign plot I would have skipped it.

Offline den5

You need the cutscene intro. Something like this http://den5.pochta.ru/Epiphaniesintro.avi And yes this mission is really short. Try to use Special Hitpoints for Omega fighters. Or make them invisible to radar.

Offline Skullar

Actually, what happens there at the jumpgate is simply boring and over quickly, so the show gave the scene a few seconds only. It's impossible to make an interesting mission out of it.

There are far more interesting scenes to make missions from.... Like Severed Dreams, No Surrender No Retreat....

Offline babylon5comlink

• WTF=What the fred2?!
I worked on most of the things you guys mentioned.  ;)

Here is the new download link for version 1.5 of the mission: http://sites.google.com/site/babylon5comlinkshome/tbp-single-missons/Epiphanies-B5C-single-ver1.5.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

The mission is much longer now. (It lasts around 4-6 minutes)

If there are any more problems with this mission I will most likely not be able to work on them for a couple of weeks. :(

Babylon 5 addict!!!

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One." Ranger Motto

Offline babylon5comlink

• WTF=What the fred2?!
Although I don't have time currently to work on the mission I would still like any feedback you guys have on it. ;)  (This will give me a couple of weeks to think about any problems that the mission still has. :ick:)

Babylon 5 addict!!!

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I'll play it this evening.

Offline babylon5comlink

• WTF=What the fred2?!
I’m back and I have all whole week available to Fred so more feedback would be nice on this mission.

Babylon 5 addict!!!