Author Topic: JtoH Eyecandy thread  (Read 20081 times)

Offline Kusanagi

• A man, a van, a plan, Vanama!
  • Enemy vessel captured
Added another test. While hard to see at this resolution, it shows the beast infection jumping from ship to ship via fredding and some table manipulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZII64OUv4Ks

The ACVs change their textures as well, but it's difficult to see. I also re-rendered the beast infection beam to make it look a lot more like the one in game, but upgraded.

WEEEEEEEEE (STILL) LIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Cum historia
mutat valde Razgriz
revelat ipsum
primum daemon scelestus est.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Awesome!
el hombre vicio...

Offline -Norbert-

Now it only needs that creepy screaming sound and it's perfect. Or was that only heard when a big ship got infected?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Awesome stuff, the screaming sound was heard when all ships got infected i believe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline -Norbert-

Maybe my memory is a bit muddy, but I think the sound in that video wasn't as creepy as I remember the screams in Cataclysm to be.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Nah, it's exactly as it was in Cataclysm.

Offline Nuclear1

Yeah, only thing missing right now is the unit-specific infection scream.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline -Norbert-

There were unit specific screams? Ah so that's it.... I remember the screams from the carrier and the science ship. Though it makes sense that the fighers don't scream with a multitude of voices when infected.

Offline Nuclear1

Yeah, there's unit specific screams...MBF:  Systems crashing!  What's happening?!  Hive Frigate:  It's coming through the hull!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Great. Just what I need. Another game to haunt my nightmares with those screams  :p

Very nice job  :yes:
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline -Norbert-

You could always see it as a different perspective of the same story. That way it's one and the same nightmare :p