Author Topic: Cockpit HUD Surfaces Starter Kit  (Read 12142 times)

Re: Cockpit HUD Surfaces Starter Kit
Ok I'm getting completely confused.  You can scale up but you can't scale down?

My weapons gauge is somehow being clipped ("Promethus ") instead of ("Promethus S")
If canvas width == display size width, everything looks ok, just goes beyond the hud mesh
If canvas width < display size width, the gauge gets stretched out
if canvas width > display size width, the gauge gets cropped out too soon ("Prom") and the rest is black. There doesn't seem to be any scaling on the gauge and the cropping rapidly increases as the difference becomes bigger (20 point difference completely hides the gauge)

If I leave canvas out completely, display size is irrelevant (you can throw huge numbers in there and it looks the same)

BTW this is 3.7 RC 1 build.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:05:25 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Hmmm was playing around with the hud model and I found something interesting.  The weapons display border fills up the complete area correctly but the name of the weapon gets cut off.
I don't see anything in the wiki about text width just text height, is there something missing?

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i'm having the exact same problem with my cockpit mod, only that it gets cut off to the left....
what is weird: this doesn't happen always, sometimes it's fine too
what is even more weird: with some weapons equipped it's always cut of, with others only sometimes
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Ohhh I think I just had a light bulb come on.... You basically need to know the size of the hud control before-hand. Hmmmm.... :confused:

Edit: nope that doesn't seem to help...  Radar.ani is 105*85.  Canvas size: (105, 85), Display Size: 105, 85) only part of the radar shows up.

Double edit: Also it seems the talking head animation isn't effected by this.  The word "Message" will change in size but the ani won't.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:57:24 am by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
I think talking heads may be kind of tricky because the talking head animations use a seperate render path from the HUD.

If you guys want me to look into any specific bugs, please feel welcome to upload any assets and data files that replicate potential bugs.