Author Topic: RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo 1.2  (Read 28448 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: SHMUPSpace Battle of Deneb Demo
This mod is an awesome showcase of the power of deferred rendering. Rock-solid 20 FPS all the way through (which is pretty good, considering my PC)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Well its is pretty darn cool.
It only took two years, but its good to see something productive came out of my one day creation of TDS  :p

The basic mechanics and all there are there and feel pretty solid. I do however have a few points for improvement:
1a. Purple background with purple/blue subach lasers = Bad. Can't see **** captain!
1b. Background clutter. It's kiiinda hard to make out what is going on in the foreground when there is so much ships doing things in the background (it becomes really bad once the orion starts doing things in the background)
2. Collision troubles (resurrecting the dead horse, then killing the undead abomination again here)
3a. Laser upgrades, why is there no visual upgrade to them? Two weapon upgrades later, its still the same looking subach.
3b. Weapon impact effect, make it bigger so I know im hitting something.
4. Weapon damage and fast moving loki trains. It's impossible to get infront of the loki train and expect to able to clean them all up. They move too fast and it takes too many hits to kill the first few ones. The collision damage of the still exploding loki's will ruin your day.

Do continue developing this, its neato  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I got all the way to the boss on the first playthrough. I was probably very lucky. There are some Health+ powerups, one just above a deimos rear engine, that increases survivability. Also, I don't think kills mean anything. I think it's about surviving. Once I realised that I had a much easier time. I could be wrong.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
In traditional SHMUPS: You die in one hit but your hitbox is either just your "sprite" or smaller than your sprite. Some enemies fire in fixed "spreads", or fires at where your ship is currently at (generally no target leading even in aimed/homing shots).
In this: Collision in this is bigger than the visible ship model. Everything always aims for your ship, with leading taken into assumption.

http://hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Weapons.tbl#.24Homing:
'The bolts of primaries will turn to face their target if this option is set to YES'
Doesn't this one fix the aiming? Aeolusses aimed well before me and i didnt need to move to see them actually miss.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

No, I mean not anyone has a qwerty keyboard. Cheats have always been technically unavailable for me.
i have a qwertzu keyboard and hilariously enough, the tilde is to the left of my "1" key. always worked just fine.
Except from what Matth has *****ed about on IRC, www.freespace2.com is hardcoded for the key positions on QWERTY keyboards.  If he types in www.freespace2.com on his AZERTY keyboard it won't work.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
No, I mean not anyone has a qwerty keyboard. Cheats have always been technically unavailable for me.
i have a qwertzu keyboard and hilariously enough, the tilde is to the left of my "1" key. always worked just fine.
Except from what Matth has *****ed about on IRC, www.freespace2.com is hardcoded for the key positions on QWERTY keyboards.  If he types in www.freespace2.com on his AZERTY keyboard it won't work.
i know. did i ever tell you how hard it is to play FSO on Linux without rebinding about half the more important keys?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!

Extract mission from vp
Open in FRED
Select player ship
Open ship editor
Misc. -> check invulnerable
Save
Recompile into vp

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
the last step is utterly redundant, for the record.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
And is also a horrible idea, because doing so may actually end up corrupting the VP :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
i know. did i ever tell you how hard it is to play FSO on Linux without rebinding about half the more important keys?

:confused: Do you mean playing FSO on Linux without a querty keyboard?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken