Author Topic: Issues selecting connection type  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Aronin

• Steam
Issues selecting connection type
I set the connection type to broadband/lan and the connection speed to cable/lan in the basic settings tab of the launcher exactly as instucted but every time i try to go into briefing in multiplayer mode it tells me i don't have them selected. When i restart the launcher they are deselected, suggesting to me the settings weren't saving so i hit the save profile button but it didn't make any difference, is this a common issue? help please!  :banghead:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Issues selecting connection type
Run the launcher as administrator, set the flags, perhaps?

If it's a registry or file / path permissions thing, this should fix it.

(Derp I can't remember what...  Ah,  UAC, that's what  I mean).  If it's UAC, administrator run once should fix I think.)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The bug about the launcher not remembering what is set is a known one, but the registry should be written to which basically makes it a rather unimportant bug for most people (but one which should be fixed next time we update the launcher).

This minor bug seems to be masking a rather bigger one in your case. It sounds like your settings aren't being written to the registry. Try running the launcher as an administrator if you can, maybe that will cure it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Aronin

• Steam
Awesome, looks like that's fixed it! Thanks guys!