Author Topic: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP  (Read 43770 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP
It has diminished into the West, and become a checkbox in mission specs. The line of beam-free-all has gone down into memory. Where is the horn that was blowing? Where are the horse and the rider? They have passed like retail briefings in my post history.

I know but it's like, for a long time back in the day, if someone said "I has a FRED question," you could say "Ctrl + click to place ships, beam-free-all," and that would answer it every time.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
How do I shot beam

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
:welcome:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Two votes for the Atreus (I'm gonna count Admiral Steele hurtling through space as a vote for the Atreus)
One for the Vassago, one for the Belisarius, one for the Temeraire, one for the Carthage, one for the Iceni, one for the Custodian, one for the Masyaf, and one ~so ironic~ vote for the Galatea.

Will the man with the contingencies carry the day?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The Galatea. Only ship in FS to actually make me emotionally invested in its fate. When the Galatea went down, it provoked memories of all the lack of character building done on that ship... all the redshirt pilots coming and going from our squadrons with no dialogue save for wingman personas... and perhaps the most heartwrenching of all, the single line in the debrief about the previously unmentioned Admiral Wolf.

stuck between this and the PVD Hope, just for the mission where you have to protect it while its repaired
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

I vote for the GTCv Pork.
Just cause its hilariously funny and kills cruisers with its face. Not to mention the crew is laid-back and like there ship very funny.
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Are you stuck with 'the Galatea is my favorite ship' or 'the Galatea was handled lousily and why does anyone care about it?' If the former, please remain in a separate magnetic bottle from Shivan Hunter until you are injected into the warp core.

I vote for the GTCv Pork.
Just cause its hilariously funny and kills cruisers with its face. Not to mention the crew is laid-back and like there ship very funny.

the what from the where

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
whoever mentioned the megabeam gets my vote for temporary president of space

my favorite ship is the ravana because and comes in and gives the lysander and the actium a lovely beam hug

unfortunately they didn't survive  :(

my favorite sexp is change-soundtrack because i can't believe some people wouldn't use it to set the tone of something happening in the mission

and also because of Serkr Team

although uncertainty nears

can i vote for the vassago and the ravana, which are both ravanas

Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The Galatea was an excellent example of how to tragically destroy a vessel that creates an intimate bond with the player. I mean, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do drama more like? Exactly. No, it was cheap and poorly done.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Favorite ship: The Colossus. It . . . it's just the COLOSSUS. 'Nuff said.

Favorite SEXP: Play-sound-from-file, I guess. A kewl music track played at the appropriate moment, like Razorback in Forced Entry, can really pump you up and really add to the mood of a mission. Fire-beam is also cool, for scripted beam barrages.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Temeraire.  Close proximity to that ship as it beams the holy **** out of Shivan Destroyers creates a bond that cannot be sundered by mere anything.

Favorite SEXP?  Hmmm, that's a lot tougher.  Probably one of the ones to do with distance/proximity.  Those, or is-player-facing, which is a great way to sneak things into missions quietly.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Fav ship: GTD Temeraire. So big. So welcoming. So home.
this, due to the excellent voice acting of the crew in AOA

favourite sexp: play-sound-from-file, Reason: Lets me fu** with the player's mind.

and this, for the stated reason
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Veers

The GTC Orff - A Fenris-class with enough guts (or stupidity) to attack the GTD Hades.

:)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The GTC Orff - A Fenris-class with enough guts (or stupidity) to attack the GTD Hades.

:)

not only that but the first capship you get a good look at
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Axem

My favorite warship obviouslys the Guardian Angel with its amazing trend setting captain.

My favorite sexp has to be modify-variable, because without it how else could I humblebrag about how complex my missions are with just 2 words? (157 variables, bro)

And my sexp picnic would have play-sound-from-file for some light jazz, script-eval to create arbitrarily complicated sandwich formations and behavior, and ship-create for infinite tacos.

(This is for the FreeSpace dating game right?)

Offline Lorric

Favorite ship: The Colossus. It . . . it's just the COLOSSUS. 'Nuff said.
I'm going to go for the Colossus as well. The Guardian Angel is a fine ship, but at the end of the day, I was thinking of it for it's crew, not the ship itself. Sorry Crystal and co... :(

So I'm taking the Colossus. Apart from the obvious fact it's a beast of a ship, there's the way it's built up. From literally through the Colossus Cutscene to the fact it's built up as everything depends on the Colossus, as it displays it's power in numerous engagements, and even brings down the first Sathanas (with a lot of help.) I also like the fact it's crew don't just try to beam everything to oblivion which would be the easy thing with a ship like that, they try to reason with Koth first, before blowing him and his crew to dust. So then when the Colossus finally goes down, it's a memorable moment.

And of course, let's not forget about the baseball bat swing. I'm surprised (unless it hasn't already been done) that no one has made a mission of the Colossus just swatting fighters like flies with the "bat"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's finish this up with the Colossus Cutscene. 20 years to build, all the major corporations, Terrans and Vasudans...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You need to go on a picnic with three SEXPs. Please submit a guest list and a menu for the picnic.
Ship-guardian, because she's like a goddess that protects the faithful ships from mortal danger. So dreamy
Send-message, she's a bit of a chatterbox, but she is just so Genki~
Set-armor-type, it takes a bit to get through her cold exterior but once you get to know her...

I would like to put Taco's and Capella sun-boms! on the menu.

Also I would like to put my ship vote on the Vassago.

(I'm scared of supernova-start though)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GTD Bastion as the only ship to appear in both games, and going out like a destroyer should compared to some of the chumps down the years.

Also, send-message-list, which lets me do anything I want to the player with endless bad writing.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Not one vote for the "most useful ship in FS2", the Psamtik?

F'ing racists.

Hell, my vote goes for the Sath 17.
Probably stood behind to let others go where no shivan had gone before.
NEVER FORGET.