Author Topic: FreeSpace Files Support Thread  (Read 12282 times)

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
Re: Goodbye to FreeSpace 2 Sector
Bump - there were some server changes lately, if anyone experiences troubles let me know.
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Since launching the new version of the site, we've had over 20,000 file downloads (several hundred GB of bandwidth) so the site is getting used and serving it's purpose as an archive :)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Since launching the new version of the site, we've had over 20,000 file downloads (several hundred GB of bandwidth) so the site is getting used and serving it's purpose as an archive :)
Well,i needed some stuff,a lot of it...maybe over hundred...
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
I just tried to access FSFiles but I always get a "Server not found" error. isup.me also says it's down.
What happened?

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
We had a hard drive failure. I'm now in the process of changing to a new host - but stuff like backups and raid have to be setup first. It should be back online in 1-2 days. :)

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
We're back online. Not sure if everything is setup yet, feel free to test and report any bugs :)

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Re: Goodbye to FreeSpace 2 Sector (& hello to FreeSpace Files)
For those that care, our forums are (again) back up and running @ http://sectorgame.com/forums/   - Not that anyone uses it anymore :P

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I checked yesterday actually.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Still a few bugs to work out with the new theme (and new software)... But it at least looks something like the old forums now.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:39:54 am by woutersmits »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Hi Hunter,

I don't seem to be able to upload anything to Freespace Files -- the progress bar always dies out a low percentage of completion.  At least one other person mentioned the same thing in IRC.  Is there an issue presently with file uploads?

Thanks!
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I've been seeing the same problem with downloads.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Hi - What were you trying to upload, and how big was it? Did you get any error messages?

Looking into it at the moment... So far I can't see any issues, could have been network congestion on that particular day? Please re-check.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Expect random downtime today, doing some switchovers.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Re: FreeSpace Files Support Thread
I've noticed the wiki contains links to the old Freespace 2 Sector - These would need to be updated to FSFILES.
Also It'd be nice to fill in the gaps on FSFILES where ship models are concerned (I think there maybe a few missing, not sure though)

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Doing some updates to the site - fixed a few problems and also finally added a search feature that doesn't just search the current folder. Will keep at it for the next few days.

Nice, thanks :yes: