Author Topic: Vasudan weapons? especially in FS1.  (Read 1760 times)

Vasudan weapons? especially in FS1.
What happend there?., they practically stolen all terran weapons?? why we don´t have "Vasudan Designed weapons" for fighters and bombers? the only Vasudan canon weapon is the Menkhu HL-7 ., and its a modified terran cannon.. Simply i can´t believe it.

Also..

I think dat THT (Terran huge turret) probably need a damage boost about "1.000" in order to be a efficient "Huge" turret. and make some difference.

somebody can explain me all this to me? isn´t correct to make a line of " Vasudan Type weaponry" like the actually terran weaponry? especially for FS1., Like a Heavy cannon., some kind of ML-16 For Vasudans and things like that?

Okey in FS2 they are part of the GTVA and possibily share the techs.

sorry, not an english natural speaker xD

Re: Vasudan weapons? especially in FS1.
Even Shivans use Terran missiles. It's what  :v-old: decided to go for 16 years ago. I'm sure it can't be too hard to create some new effects and tables for Vasudan weapons in FS1, but they're not playable anyway so it really doesn't matter.
I don't know of any Vasudan-focused campaigns set in FS1 either.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I believe FSU and FSPort have created missile models for the different factions and I belive FSPort has created some alt weapons, they are in the tables at least
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
FSPort has a few weapons tabled specifically for the Vasudans, but I don't recall if they're actually used much in the campaign.  Probably :v-old: programmers didn't see the need to expand on a part of the game that wasn't the focus, as the Vasudans themselves are only sporadically encountered after the first act?
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
you encounter the Vasudans through most of the game thanks to the HoL.

Creating and balancing a full set of weapons for all 3 factions would have taken some dev time with the effects and and models, not only that but FS was released in an era where things were measured in 10s and 100s of MB between the system RAM, the Graphics card and the Hard Drive so not sure how that would have worked from a system load and install footprint standpoint.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I don't know of any Vasudan-focused campaigns set in FS1 either.
Vasudan Imperium for FSPort comes to mind (pre-FS1, actually, though there's some overlap). It even has a really nifty Vasudan HUD and a number of Vasudan-specific weapons. I think there might be more, I seem to recall one in which you fought against HOL.

Because both Freespaces are played from a terran perspective, :V: never think about Weapons for the other races, because there are not playable in official campaigns anyway.
That it was never intended to fly vasudan craft is also ascertainable that some ships do not have aligned primaries, there were too far apart etc.. Shivan crafts are even worse.

In FreeSpace 2 was a different story, because of the missions on board the Psamtik and Memphis. But even there the Mekhu-HL7 was the only vasudan weapon. But at least the vasudan crafts did have aligned primary guns.

For Campaigns that was released before FreeSpace 2:
Cardinal Spear: Vega featured a few weapons for the vasudans, even only as enemies.
In Awakenings you were able to fly vasudan crafts in a few missions, but only with terran weaponry.
I remember also a campaign as a Vasudan against the Hammer of Light, 'Battle for Altair' maybe? Afaik it was also only with terran weaponry.

There are also only few campaigns where you play as a vasudan that were released after FS2 or SCP. Actually i do only know Shrouding the Light and the mentioned Vasudan Imperium that featured both vasudan weaponry.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:54:53 am by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Don't forget the Akheton SDG! That's Vasudan...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...