Author Topic: Screencap Contest - April 2017  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Axem

Screencap Contest - April 2017
This month's theme is... It's a Trap! Showcase a deadly ambush!

The rules are:
No HUD!
No Photoshop or post-processing!! (That is, no touching it up after taking the screenshot)
Maximum 3 entries per person!!!

Use the screencap script to help you take that perfect shot!

Scoreboard:
Darius - 1
niffiwan - 1
tomimaki - 1

Re: Screencap Contest - April 2017
inb4 Delenda Est

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
the distance and perspective makes it look like that big ship just rammed the other ship into destruction
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

Personal log entry 21-4315, Lt. Rosholt, BSG 34 - Atlantia: "I can hardly believe that after all these yahrens the war is about to be over! Yet here we are, en route to Cimtar to meet the Cylon delegation to negotiate a peace treaty. I can't wait to get home to Claire and the kids when this is all over."
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
"Mr President. Your "Welcoming committee" is firing at our patrol!"
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
"Sir, our long range scanners show a large number of ships headed this way at high speed!"

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
This is all being done with IP Andrews old BSG mod right? I don't remember it looking as good.

Offline AV8R

Holy crap. Give Fishguts the prize. I saw his pic above and this IMMEDIATELY came to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUxDbWcVTc

I was suddenly a 13 boy again sitting in front of the TV, watching the most innovative TV show come to life (and quickly die 1 year later).

Awesome.   :yes:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
This is all being done with IP Andrews old BSG mod right? I don't remember it looking as good.

Yes/no, the Viper and Raider models are from IPAs mod (who converted them from a XWA mod IIRC), reconverted with cleaned up geometry and touched up textures (AO bake, etc.)

The battlestar is my own half-finished model that I started greebling ages ago (I was shocked to see the creation date 2005 on the original model file). But since i need some placeholder for ingame testing of my little mod, I took my WIP and made a quick and dirty texture using Jim Stevenson's excellent blueprint as a base. It looks surprisingly good from a distance but not that much up close.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well if you ever get it finished I'd be interested in seeing it mixed in with Diaspora. We have quite a bit of the rag-tag fleet already and I've got no objection to a TOS mod.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Well if you ever get it finished I'd be interested in seeing it mixed in with Diaspora. We have quite a bit of the rag-tag fleet already and I've got no objection to a TOS mod.

I'm interested in mixing it into Diaspora as well, since I want to use your colonial shuttle and the RTF ships.
I started this originally as a Diaspora mod, but I was running into trouble with having to override a lot of the Diaspora tables and scripts to get back to vanilla FS2 behavior (TOS BSG lends itself better to vanilla FS2 than Diaspora in many aspects).
Especially the HUD was being stubborn and I couldn't' get it to work as I wanted, so for now it's living as a standard FS2_open mod, which makes development much easier.

Once it get's closer to something releasable, I might need some help from you guys on how to properly integrate it as a Diaspora mod (it would be fun to make some crossover missions for hilarity).

Offline CKid

Taken from BtA
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
Firing the Welcome Beams for the new user
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Given the months theme, I had to post this...

And this  :nervous:

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Darius

Yayyy!

Quote from: #bp channel on 11/4/17
[09:18.01] <Darius> still waiting for niffiwan to post his version of http://i.imgur.com/qga3Wry.jpg
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:10:02 am by Darius »