Author Topic: Request for great war ships  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Request for great war ships
As I've already asked some HLP staffers into working on a somewhat-classified model as of this moment, as well as the many high-quality modelers on this board, I've decided to post a little challenge/request here.

What this is for: A fighter and a bomber used in the great war.

The fighter is the Angel scout fighter, all that is needed is a few modifications on the Valkeryie .pof which removes the two small engines on the rear of the vessel. As well as a reskin that is more in the style of the Apollo. (hard, industrial, silver) The angel has one primary mount that fires two cannons. (i.e. "wing tip" cannons) as well as one secondary weapons bank.

The second is the GTB Gorgon, it should appear as a hybrid between an Apollo type design and the Medusa. (i.e. a fighter-like main body with then two medusa type missile pods extending from it) The Gorgon's main body should be sleek with the missile pods, and engine assemblies as modules added on. The Gorgon has one primary weapons bank (2x cannons), and two secondary banks.

There is no deadline for these models, however if anyone takes up the challenge, shield icons would be appreciated.  

------------------
Ace
Staff member FreeSpace Watch
 http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Request for great war ships

Originally posted by Ace:
working on a somewhat-classified model as of this moment, as well as the many high-quality modelers on this board

Maybe I'll bow out then - I'm way too busy to actually do a good job on this  

Too excited about texturing the Chimera - MT is going to rock  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.