Author Topic: Cockpits  (Read 6392 times)

Well after searching and readings dozens of older posts I was wondering what the current best way to add cockpits is for Freespace 2, FSPort, Blueplanet (1 and 2) and any other major campaign addon?  Is there a way to do this with a -mod folder for each of these? I use Trackir and would like to have Freespace 2 to look as good as it can. Thanks

I am using the latest builds and a fresh install of everything.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
clicking the link in my sig is the best way
but you need to add the ships from blue planet and other mods with new ships yourself, the other stuff should work withouth problems
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Don't miss this thread too, it enables the cockpit view but you'll get low quality depending of the texture/ship detail:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71151.msg1406887#msg1406887

Is there a cockpit mod for FSport and the addition campaigns people did? I tried one I found in that thread and it worked for Silent Threat Reborn but the cockpit was messed up for many of the others.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Try this one, but, I'm not sure if FS Port has been updated since then and especially regarding pof model and eyepoint.

Hey fightermedic great job on your cockpit mod. I can get it to work in selected campaigns but not with the base FS2 training campaign which uses the Myrmidon ship. I had it selected with the -mod cockpit-mod but when I select Freespace 2 as the campaign and the last screen opens up for the training mission I get this error. I also attached the log file.  Also it is too bad that your cockpit will not work for FSO as the one I have tried has the nasty triangle in the HUD glass at certain angles and the dash colors make the targeting icons hard to see. Yours look great. Thanks

LUA ERROR: [string "reload-sct.tbm - On HUD Draw"]:2: 'for' limit must be a number

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:
Name:      (null)
Name of:   (null)
Function type:   (null)
Defined on:   0
Upvalues:   0

Source:      (null)
Short source:   
Current line:   0
- Function line:   0

stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "reload-sct.tbm - On HUD Draw"]:2: in main chunk

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Try this one, but, I'm not sure if FS Port has been updated since then and especially regarding pof model and eyepoint.

Thanks... I actually had found that one late last night and tried it. It still has the same issues as was mentioned in the other thread. From certain angles the light creates that unsightly triangle on the gun sights. Also the dash board colors make the targeting icons hard to see.

Also is this your video? It has a great cockpit. Does the cockpits get better like the one in the video depending on which ship your using?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpWNKqzr0g
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:51:30 am by OverDhill »

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
you didn't use the installer to install freespace open did you? the last guy who had problems with my mod had them because of this
i have no idea how else it could be that my mod works with some random campaigns, but doesn't with the main fs2 campaign
the cockpit in the video is simply the modeled cockpit of the Valkyrie

edit: i've just checked this out, you are right, the reload script that is part of my mod does indeed crash the training missions
i have no idea why this is, but you can just skip the training, it will work in the normal missions
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:28:36 am by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

Thanks... I actually had found that one late last night and tried it. It still has the same issues as was mentioned in the other thread. From certain angles the light creates that unsightly triangle on the gun sights. Also the dash board colors make the targeting icons hard to see.

Also is this your video? It has a great cockpit. Does the cockpits get better like the one in the video depending on which ship your using?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpWNKqzr0g

Yes, it's mine. Yeah, the cockpit shape change depending of the fighter/bomber you are piloting. In this video, it was the GTF Valkyrie.

Can I ask which mission was used for the video?

Also which cockpit and what mission is in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7bg2gKYKLs&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL871C571E7A6BF290

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:48:49 am by OverDhill »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Can I ask which mission was used for the video?

Also which cockpit and what mission is in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7bg2gKYKLs&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL871C571E7A6BF290

Thanks

I don't remember the fighter, but it comes from the campaign "Blue Planet 1: Age of Aquarius Director's Cut".

Well I just re-downloaded the installer from this thread

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68213.0

And tested it and I see no cockpit. Is there something I need to do to enable them for BP? I don't want to be a pain but with all the threads I have read about cockpits there seems to be a lot of outdated posts and it is hard to tell what the current options are to add cockpits for some of these campaigns. I appreciate your help

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

you didn't use the installer to install freespace open did you? the last guy who had problems with my mod had them because of this
i have no idea how else it could be that my mod works with some random campaigns, but doesn't with the main fs2 campaign
the cockpit in the video is simply the modeled cockpit of the Valkyrie

edit: i've just checked this out, you are right, the reload script that is part of my mod does indeed crash the training missions
i have no idea why this is, but you can just skip the training, it will work in the normal missions

Thanks.. and no I did not use the installer but rather followed the latest directions to install it on a new Laptop (Asus G75)

If you want cockpit, you need additionals mods. It is not activate by default.
For the following mods, here what you need:
- Cockpits for Blue Planet 1: Age of Aquarius The Director's Cut
- Cockpits for the first released of Blue Planet 2: War in Heaven
- Cockpits for the last recent Blue Planet 2: War in Heaven (2013)

Thanks...here is the cockpit in Blue Planet 1:AoA

Is there a way to change the FOV as you seen to be sitting back farther away from the dash/hud. Or is this a matter of Trackir positioning?

Will have to wait until I get back in town to test it with Trackir

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:53:57 pm by OverDhill »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
In the launcher in custom flags field, just type this command:

-fov x.xx

Where x.xx is your value. By default, I think it's set 0.55. For a better fov, I recommand, 0.82.

Thanks guys for all your help!!!! This is such a great community

I know this is an older thread but was wondering if the cockpit mod files could be updated to work with Blue Planer Complete?

Offline emark4

I know this is an older thread but was wondering if the cockpit mod files could be updated to work with Blue Planer Complete?

I was thinking the same thing. I have blue planet complete and the cockpit mods listed by metaldestoryer but i cant seem to have em working with the blue planet exclusive ships. The base game ships work fine with me however.