Author Topic: GTF Hydra (heavy assault fighter WIP)  (Read 25577 times)

Re: GTF Hydra (heavy assault fighter WIP)
Hi, please give me your email on private message and I will send you all the files you need. :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Everything was sent and Jadehawk got the files. Don't worry, I'm on it :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Fine :) So let's finish our work

Jadehawk could you make it with similar colour patter like the version which we can see in Shadow Genesis/Blue Planet mods?

Hi Guys,
I'll have to see some screen shots of that mod as it's been over three years since I played this game.  :D
Currently I am creating the panel lines and got about 1/3 of the fuselage so far. Once I got a complete set of panel lines, I'll review them and see what needs to be added and deleted to make it look good and should not effect the model at all. :)

BTW, nice job on the UV Map!  :yes:

All the best,
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I assume Hornet's talking about this color scheme? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. This variant. Standard, not the SOC one.

Ok good, thanks for the info guys!
That top one is similar to the one I did for this. I can see the differences and it's quite a simple scheme to do. :) I can make several that show a brand spanking new, one slightly worn and another like it just came out of a huge battle in need of repair and service. :)

Currently I got most of the center fuselage panel lines completed. This is gonna take awhile to get it done right.

All the best,
Jadehawk

Hey Folks!  ;7
Just a reminder that I have been working on this when I can in my spare time and it's going nicely so far.
It's FUN to do, but it's taking me time as well, so don't expect timely updates as this is not the only project I am doing. I also have my Aviation art profiles I need to keep going too, but this texture project is really an enjoyable balance for my workload.  :yes:

Happy Friday folks!  :D

All the Best,
Jadehawk

Hey Folks!  ;7
Just a reminder that I have been working on this when I can in my spare time and it's going nicely so far.
It's FUN to do, but it's taking me time as well, so don't expect timely updates as this is not the only project I am doing. I also have my Aviation art profiles I need to keep going too, but this texture project is really an enjoyable balance for my workload.  :yes:

Happy Friday folks!  :D

All the Best,
Jadehawk
Don't worry, every modeller knows it take a huge amount of time...  :) BUT HELL! HURRY UP with that stuff!!! We're looking foreward to see that great piece of job in action!!  :P  :yes: :yes:

:bump:
Just curious to know how this badboy is going?
Is a very interesting looking ship
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're dead in the water with this because there is no active texture artist who is likely to help us. I personally don't want to texture this myself cuz' I suck at texturing things. We can always release it with some placeholder mapping, but actually we have more important models to do.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

That's a real shame cause this looked really nice.
Hope you guys find a texture artist and get this done.

Strike Hydra (View in 3D)

Hello everyone. That's how it looks for now. I changed couple of details but mainly I changed crappy made pieces of geometry. The whole thing will be re-mapped and then I will be able to start texturing :D I've already learned a couple of tricks so I should handle the task of painting this fighter :)

Stay tuned guys and a whole squadrons of Hydras will surely leave the hangars of your destroyers to smash your enemies :) Model will be released with the missiles mounted on the racks.

Nice work, keep it up and good luck with the texturing  :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Time to dig up this little baby, now called the GTF Isaiah. Hornet remodelled few sections, then I cleaned up the mess and finally properly remapped it. I'm surprised how much I sucked at mapping things once o__O

In short, it's alive and will be finished :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:44:04 am by Betrayal »

That we do my friend, that we do.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Am I the only to see this vessel only with a tiny secondary loadout (self-defence) and some really powerful primary mass drivers?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Am I the only to see this vessel only with a tiny secondary loadout (self-defence) and some really powerful primary mass drivers?

Here's the loadout I planned:

-4 barreled primary bank,
-2 barreled primary bank with dedicated weapon, upgraded Maxim cannon, delivering more punch-per-shot but with lower rate of fire then the original. Limited ammo

-2 low capacity secondary banks,
- 6 pylons for external mounted  light torpedoes

Configuration for Shadow Genesis: Reborn may be a bit different though, we'll see how will it perform in tests.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The one thing that always bugged me about the Ezechiel - no actual space for missiles. If its a primary-heavy focused, it's OK, but when people give it high missile capacity I always cringe.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That we do my friend, that we do.

*snip*
Plz... I HATE you for that progress shot!