Author Topic: UPDATE 7/6/17 PCS 2.1 Still not saving data??  (Read 1363 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
UPDATE 7/6/17 PCS 2.1 Still not saving data??
I seem to be having a weird problem with PCS 2.1, i have setup a ship, all its subsystems and rotating parts in pcs. I have setup my table everything matches to the model in entries, FS2 doesnt bring up any errors. So i load up a test map with the model and the ship is there but none of the subsystems are targetable, the rotating sections will not rotate, no working turrets. The only thing that seems to be working is the thrusters. I have re exported the model in pcs 3 times, redid all the pof'ing and the tables and i get the same results and i can't figure out what i am doing wrong, for example this is the code i am using for the rotating secton on the z axis

$special=subsystem
$rotate=20

I just copied that from another ship of mine which works fine. Also all the subsystems and turrets show up ok in Fred 2. So i have no idea whats going on?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:04:04 pm by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Darius

Re: PCS 2.1 not saving data??
Interesting you should post this as I had that exact problem yesterday trying to save the Excursor's axis of rotation for the rotator.

Didn't end up finding a fix but it spontaneously started saving data again after playing around with the data in the subobject box a couple of times.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: UPDATE 7/6/17 PCS 2.1 Still not saving data??
OK i still can't seem to resolve this, i have tried altering the rotating axis on other ships, such as the faustus and the b5 Omega, it is not saving the changes i make, well it is. When i load up PCS the changes i made are there but when i load the game they havent taken effect.

On the plus side subsystems and turret creation is now working, i just can't get the blasted rotating part to work, which is a must have for the ships i plan to release this weekend. Is there anyone to help, also is there a latter version of PSC 2.1 than 2014-1-3??

Or is there another way i can get the submodels to rotate, other than using the subobject box?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-