Author Topic: Buildng on OSX : XCode doesn't open the project file.  (Read 3583 times)

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Buildng on OSX : XCode doesn't open the project file.
When I try to open the project file in Xcode (version 2.0), nothing happens.  It just doesn't do anything.  How should/could I get around this?  If I just need a new version of Xcode or something simple like that, you can ignore the rest of this. :P

When I try to build it from the command line (Actually, I tried this first... >.> ), I get this...
Code: [Select]
Making all in libjpeg
Making all in lua
Making all in code
g++ -g -Os -Wall -funroll-loops -I/Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers -fsigned-char -Wno-unknown-pragmas  -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Headers -I/sw/include -I../lua  -lobjc -fPIC -Wl,-noprebind -g   -framework OpenGL -framework OpenAL -L/sw/lib -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -framework AppKit -framework Foundation  -o fs2_open_r  freespace.o levelpaging.o libcode.a ../libjpeg/libjpeg.a ../lua/liblua.a
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _atan2f
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libmx.dylib(single module) definition of _atan2f
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libSystem.dylib(floating.o) definition of _atan2f
... (More warnings about duplicate defs.)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_SDL_CreateMutex
_SDL_DestroyMutex
_SDL_GetKeyState
_SDL_mutexP
_SDL_mutexV
_SDL_GL_GetProcAddress
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fs2_open_r] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I grabbed the latest framework thingy from the SDL site and plunked it in /Library/Frameworks.  ./configure found it.  Soooo... Yeah.  I wanna try doing something with the physics code, and it'd be a lot more convenient to use my powerbook than the PC tower.  (Mostly because I can sit on my bed with my powerbook...)

Thanks for your time.  And all the hard work you've already put in it :)
Does there exist a StarFox Mod?  Yes!  Check out Shadows of Lylat!

That thing…its just too persistant.

Sadhal thought to himself in between his pants. After a few seconds, his breathing came under control, and the pain subsided. Sadhal couldn’t help but feel a significant amount of fear and apprehension.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Buildng on OSX : XCode doesn't open the project file.
You need Xcode 2.1 for that project file.  :)

For the frameworks and stuff, just extract the file called Frameworks.tgz in the same directory as the project file.  This should create a new folder called Frameworks in that same directory and it will have the needed frameworks.  The project file assumes that they come from this location so it's better to use them, otherwise you'll have to modify the project to do without.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Woof.  That's a biiiig download... Thanks :)

Sadhal thought to himself in between his pants. After a few seconds, his breathing came under control, and the pain subsided. Sadhal couldn’t help but feel a significant amount of fear and apprehension.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Well, I tried using Xcode 2.3, but I get
from /Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/../../code/menuui/optionsmenumulti.cpp:266:
../../code/sound/ogg/ogg.h:5:31: error: vorbis/vorbisfile.h: No such file or directory
../../code/sound/ogg/ogg.h:8: error: 'ov_callbacks' does not name a type
../../code/sound/ogg/ogg.h:9: error: 'ov_callbacks' does not name a type
../../code/sound/ds.h:209: error: 'OggVorbis_File' does not name a type
../../code/sound/ds.h:294: error: 'OggVorbis_File' has not been declared

Maybe 2.3 is too new?

I'm going to try installing just Xcode 2.1 and building with that, but it's still a big file, and's downloading slooow.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:48:21 am by At »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Xcode 2.3 should be fine, I just haven't upgraded yet myself.

The missing header issue has annoyed the crap out of me for some time now.  I keep thinking I've got it fixed, then it messes up again.  Basically the Ogg and Vorbis frameworks for OS X include there headers in the "Headers" directory (a symlink, but you probably know that) in the framework.  But, the game will look in "Headers/vorbis" or "Headers/ogg" for the includes.  Just make sure that the Vorbis and Ogg frameworks getting used have the headers in the right spot.  The Frameworks.tgz tarball should be correct, if I updated it properly last time, so either check it or make sure that your system-wide frameworks (if you have them for Vorbis/Ogg) are correct.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Bear with me, here :P

Well... Something happened. (Still using 2.3)

It got all the way to linking the (I think) final program, then died of many "undefined symbols" errors from ld.  The errors to follow the list of kludges I made to make it build.

I made a few kludges :
  • Inserted a blank file where it complained one was missing (It was empty in tho main CVS, too.  But I don't remember what file...)
  • Made dirs in Headers/ for each framework that contained symlinks to the header files.  (EG Headers/ogg/ogg.h -> Headers/ogg.h)
  • Commented out much of Ogg.framework/Headers/os_types.h to force it to use the part inside the #elif defined(__MACOSX__).
    (For some reason it dropped down to the #else section, which made it die when the wrong types appeared elsewhere.)
  • Put in network/multi_oo.cpp from the main CVS.  Not sure if this is okay or not, but I'm not planning on testing anything networking related.  Building died without it, so I tossed it in.

Errors
cd /Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode
/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/FS2_Open.build/Release/FS2_Open.build/Objects-normal/ppc/FS2_Open -L/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release -L/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Debug -F/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release -FFrameworks -filelist /Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/FS2_Open.build/Release/FS2_Open.build/Objects-normal/ppc/FS2_Open.LinkFileList -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -framework OpenAL -framework SDL -ljpeg -lcode -llua -framework Ogg -framework Vorbis -arch ppc -Wl,-Y,1455 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -Wl,-dead_strip -framework SDL -lSystemStubs -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
match_animation_type(char*)
ship_fix_reverse_times(ship_info*)
submodel_trigger_rotate(model_subsystem*, ship_subsys*)
ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
ship_get_animation_time_type(ship*, int, int)
ship_animation_set_initial_states(ship*)
queued_animation::corect()
triggered_rotation::proces_queue()
triggered_rotation::triggered_rotation()
triggered_rotation::~triggered_rotation()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined match_animation_type(char*)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined ship_fix_reverse_times(ship_info*)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined submodel_trigger_rotate(model_subsystem*, ship_subsys*)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined ship_get_animation_time_type(ship*, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined ship_animation_set_initial_states(ship*)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined queued_animation::corect()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined triggered_rotation::proces_queue()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined triggered_rotation::triggered_rotation()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(ship.o) reference to undefined triggered_rotation::~triggered_rotation()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(aicode.o) reference to undefined ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(aicode.o) reference to undefined ship_get_animation_time_type(ship*, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(afterburner.o) reference to undefined ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(lua.o) reference to undefined match_animation_type(char*)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(lua.o) reference to undefined ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(lua.o) reference to undefined ship_get_animation_time_type(ship*, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(hudobserver.o) reference to undefined triggered_rotation::triggered_rotation()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(hudobserver.o) reference to undefined triggered_rotation::~triggered_rotation()
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(aiturret.o) reference to undefined ship_start_animation_type(ship*, int, int, int)
/Volumes/PSP-7000/fs2/FSSCP/fs2_open-20060502/projects/Xcode/build/Release/libcode.a(aiturret.o) reference to undefined ship_get_animation_time_type(ship*, int, int)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
 :confused:  All of those problems should have been fixed already.  I'll have to double check and make sure that everything I have is actually in sync with CVS.  For the linking errors, be sure that code/model/modelanim.cpp is included in the project.

And be sure that you are using current CVS too, if you are using CVS, since all of those things should already be fixed.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Aah, I was using the tarball.  I'll grab from the CVS while seeing if that file's included in the project.

Offline At

• Eklektikon
Aighty, it woked.  And ran.  Woo.  Thanks :)