Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 594897 times)

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
Some dude just got a 7k refund.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
When is this supposedly getting released again?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Last year, the year before that, this year, the year after. The release date is a very flexible thing. Its in a constant state of quantum flux.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

After Half-Life 3?  :D
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

It also depends on your definition of "released". They could call it "done" tomorrow, but keep fixing and changing and adding stuff until it actually works right, which might never happen really.

November 2014

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I just fired back with proof of Croberts saying they kept cash in reserve to finish if funding stopped, and then saying if that cash reserve has been blown through then it suggests colossal mismanagement of the project. There's no way for them to respond with a denial of refund with that.

Of course, it also helps that the last time I actually bought anything from CIG it was before they rewrote the ToS to say "If you want a refund, be aware you acknowledged that the scope of the project may change and delays can result from it..."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:29:04 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

It also depends on your definition of "released". They could call it "done" tomorrow, but keep fixing and changing and adding stuff until it actually works right, which might never happen really.

Technically speaking they have already released a thing :P

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I am sure that's what they will also point to when confronted.

It's getting to the point that I think many backers will be surprised with how much the current thing they're playing will be called the "MVP". I'd say they have a couple of incremental patches and maybe one more major system to implement + SQ42, then they're done and are going to start laying people off. Someone else put it quite well when they said Chris will release a note saying the studio is "becoming more efficient" by eliminating people, and then they'll just continue to limp on for a couple years until a newer, better game comes out and does it better.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, the original ToS suggested a completed game with features by 2014 or 18 months past 2014, so...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CT27

On a lighter note, if any of us develop time travel years in the future, could you come back and tell us how SC/SQ42 is doing?

No game will ever release that can measure up to the hopes and dreams of SC fans.  A game that is everything for everyone and can only exist in their minds. That's why no matter what new games come out none of them will be as "ambitious" as SC and people will keep supporting it until it withers away into obsolescence.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

On a lighter note, if any of us develop time travel years in the future, could you come back and tell us how SC/SQ42 is doing?

Well, it's not looking good, and in our advancing age and otherwise starved for content in this thread, many of us have begun repeating ourselves....

On the bright side, once I head back to the future, I'll be hitting my 1,000th post soon, so maybe people will finally stop assuming I'm new around here.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Well, it's not looking good, and in our advancing age and otherwise starved for content in this thread, many of us have begun repeating ourselves....
You content locust

Also hi, welcome to HLP :)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mikes

Also hi, welcome to HLP :)

Wasn't there supposed to be beams ... or something, in the past? ;-)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:welcome:

Had to dust the emitters off, is all.

Offline MikeRoz

This thread is an eyesore. Do we want to be a nexus for Star Citizen toxicity on the Internet? We're already starting to attract people like BlueFlames who have registered specifically to participate in this flamewar. How long until people reminisce about the days that this used to be a FreeSpace website?
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Keeping open the possibility of Roberts' Law...

Date Registered:
    April 17, 2001, 03:00:00 am

Um.

I believe that's the joke.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
From a Reddit thread on how unreadable the new cockpit displays are:

"Wait there was a HUD in this game at one point? WTF. Why in the world would they remove that. The MFDs always felt really low tech and old to me in this game (only got it at Christmas). I always wondered about that. Look at the F35 HUD and that today not 2000 years from now. That seems like a horrible decision."

"Straw man argument. Characters need clothes just as bad as ships need screens, and both can be developed and improved simultaneously without one interfering with the other."

Star Citizen: Flying by the seat of your pants.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5p0zoo/what_is_this_a_display_for_ants_even_when_zoomed/