Author Topic: Mechcommander Omnitech 424  (Read 23871 times)

Offline luxebo

Re: Mechcommander Omnitech 424
I guess I could go back and attempt to use the after_mission thingy and copy paste file variants and all. Maybe that'll work.

Edit: Yes if you go back and copy paste file variants and edit the pilots to where they were as the other campaign save files, plus placing that specific mission everything can lead from there. Might be some bugs but verified that you can continue where you left off, just takes some time.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:04:23 pm by luxebo »

Offline luxebo

Went ahead and finished the campaign. :yes:

Couple bugs: pilots may or may not duplicate (in my case Isis kept duplicating every mission and it turned out she can only be used as a pilot (not as a salvage sender.)

Also, what you set in options doesn't actually hold. If you set difficulty to Elite it changes back to normal again after a match or two.

By the way, this might not be related to the new release, but I noticed that version 304 has lag when loading up the savegame screen when you have tons of savegames in there. It goes from loading almost instantly with 5-6 savegames, to needing around 10 seconds when there are around 50 savegames. I've had to dump the savegames in a different folder periodically to avert this problem.

A while ago I changed the game to save before_mission files, like in MCG.

The game will open and check version of every save file from savegame folder and this can produce "extreme" lag.
Should I remove before_mission save files?
From my experience, I never had to load any of them...

Well, that makes sense now. I'd like to keep the before_mission files, as I use those for loading if I forgot to save to my usual file before exiting. Like I posted before, to avoid lag, just dump all the save files not being used into a separate folder, and bring them out when needed.

Luxebo, all I needed to do to use my old savegames was to open them, then change
l VersionNumber = 10013
to
l VersionNumber = 10014
and the save files will show up just fine. Even my custom mech variants with overloaded 50 components seem to load properly.

Offline luxebo

Cool, didn't see that! But I did go ahead and port every variant/pilot in anyway.

GideonGrey, the problem seems to be due to MWO trying to fit stuff into a widescreen 16:9 resolution, by resizing stuff up on low resolution using the height as a base, then multiplying by 16/9 for the width. In your case it's trying to multiply 768 into 1365, and since that can't fit completely it cuts off slightly on the right.

I don't know if your laptop can show 1024 x 576; mine can't since widescreen resolutions don't go that low. Other widescreen resolutions are: 1280 x 720, 1366 x 768, 1600 x 900 and so on.

If standard screen 4:3 needs to be shown completely in 16:9 ratio, MWO needs to have some black space on the top and bottom of the screen to fill up the remaining unused area, like an old film reel. To do that, the video code needs to be tweaked to use width as a base, then resizing by multiplying with 9/16 to get the height, then displaying at the center (black area will be at the bottom if display is set to begin from top left). I'm no programmer myself so I dont know how to do that in the source code. Sorry. :S
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:29:22 pm by Ezmankong »

Offline magic

1366x768 resolution works fine on my laptop.

I cant set desktop resolution to 1024x768 on my laptop for some reason... no way to test.
1024x768 should work the same as 1366x768 (the same Y) just moved to the left. It should not be stretched.

Will try one change in the code that could work and will upload the EXE file for you to try...

I can confirm 1024 x 768 is cut off on the right like GideonGrey on my desktop, as shown in the first attached pic.

Using ALT + Enter to force MCO to enter windowed mode, then changing back to 1600 x 900 resolution results in the second pic. MCO is still cut off in windowed mode.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

I know that this issue did not arise using MCO 302, which is what led me to assume that the problem had something to do with the resolution detection update.  Unfortunately, I'm not a coder either, so I may be looking at it too simply.

Somehow every mech has a rated jump distance of 125. Renard's Atlas jumping as far as an Anubis is kinda surprising. :lol:

Offline magic

Somehow every mech has a rated jump distance of 125. Renard's Atlas jumping as far as an Anubis is kinda surprising. :lol:

That was the case in old MC2, in MCO heavier mechs have jump divided by tonnage. Will have to change the display from fixed 125 to calculated value.

Offline Varjo

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in that I'm also having resolution issues where the screen is cut off. Any advice on how to get things working in the meantime?

Set your screen resolution to a widescreen resolution before running the game.
Examples are: 1600 x 900, 1366 x 768,  1280 x 720...
Just make sure the width : height ratio is 16 : 9 and you should be fine.

Offline Shtoi

magic,

First and foremost, a heartfelt THANK YOU for making this mod (which is arguably better than the original game!).

Bug report:

In MW2 campaign, in mission mw_n_7, the objective is to capture a prison while a pilot-less mech is near it (for the rescued rebel leader to jump into). However, since the pilotless mechs are not Blue + laying on the ground but Red (hostile) + powered down, it makes it impossible to capture the prison = campaign stalled. Killing the mech allows the capture but fails the mission once all other objectives are complete.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7vc6KQW.jpg

Hope this helps!

Offline magic

Thank you Shtoi,

Mech of the rebel leader will change to blue when you capture that turret control. It should be when it is captured or destroyed...
Will change the mission.

Please go to data/missions folder and open mw2_n_7.abl file.
Find the code segment and replace with this one

if (LopCCC) then
   if ((objectSide(43787) == 500) OR isdead(43787)) then
      objectchangesides(RebelLeader, 0);
      LopCCC = False;
   endif;
endif;

This will help you finish mw2 campaign.

Ah, so the changed segment is the part with "OR isdead(43787))" so if the turret control is destroyed, the flag is also triggered. The original code is only triggered on capture.

I uploaded the file after editing if anyone needs it, just change the extension to .ABL since I can't upload other file types here.

Now, this fix hasn't worked for me, as my laptop has a native resolution of 1280 x 800, but it gives me a ridiculously magnified screen, as seen below...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:47:07 pm by GideonGrey »

Offline magic

I am sorry, MCO will not work under 768..

Download my "patch" from the post MCO resolution patch.
Set your resolution to 1024x768 if you can and try this it. If you have 4:3 screen dont use wide resolutions.

Anyway I have finished my changes in options screen and player can force one of 7 supported resolutions.
Min resolution is 1024x768.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:28:24 am by magic »

I have played all the way through the MW2:Mercs campaign.  With the exception of a couple of random crashes which weren't repeated I can say that everything has worked fine for me.

The final mission on Luthien is quite difficult and I enjoyed the little bonus mission at the end.

Thanks again Magic.

Are their any changes to Exodus or is it the same as before?

Now, this fix hasn't worked for me, as my laptop has a native resolution of 1280 x 800, but it gives me a ridiculously magnified screen, as seen below...

Sorry Magic, I done malfed this one up... My native resolution is 1280 x 800, but I should be able to force it into a correct resolution now?

Righteous!  Sorry to be a pain in the tookus..

Offline Shtoi

magic/Ezmankong, thanks a lot, the fix worked within a quicksave (the neutral mech became blue).

Exploit report: currently, whenever there are two missions available to choose from, one can reduce the tonnage on the mission he chooses not to deploy to (= massive cbills), and upon completing the other mission the tonnage for the mission reduced prior resets. Additionally, I recall at least one time when I loaded a savegame after reducing the tonnage for one of the two missions only to see it reset (=even moar cbills!).

Having essentially unlimited cbills is fun if one wants to drive around all the mechs, but does impact the balance so plz nerf

Again, thank you team for this amazing game rework. I have spent around 40 hours playing this since 304 release. Perhaps consider setting up a Patreon/other donation mechanism? I'm sure more than one btech fan would love to show some appreciation.