Author Topic: PCS 2 Wishlist thread  (Read 26374 times)

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: PCS 2 Wishlist thread
The polylist elements should have an attribute material="Material-material".

Ah, gotcha - turns out you have to actually assign the material to the object faces. Thanks!

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Wish: refresh the main view after model loading is complete. I often open a model, maximize the window and then wait around or do something else while the model is loading. After it's done, the rendering canvas is still the size it was when the program started (that is, tiny) and I have to de-maximize and re-maximize for the canvas to be resized and redrawn.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Wish: refresh the main view after model loading is complete. I often open a model, maximize the window and then wait around or do something else while the model is loading. After it's done, the rendering canvas is still the size it was when the program started (that is, tiny) and I have to de-maximize and re-maximize for the canvas to be resized and redrawn.
There is actually a similar feature in it at the moment to what your wish sounds like; if you check the top menu bar for "view" and go to 'reset' at the bottom of the drop-down it should make the ship view the correct size for you screen. Discovered while running into the same problem myself.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Ability to modify the center of objects in PCS2 and their true orientation.
the option to just import any 3d object and position it in PCS2 and easily alter the hierarchy.

this because sometimes models get their matrixes messed up for some unknown reason to me when importing and fixing them in blender/3dmax dosnt seem to work, so I often end just making each object apart and them importing them individually.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Ability to modify the center of objects in PCS2 and their true orientation.
the option to just import any 3d object and position it in PCS2 and easily alter the hierarchy.

this because sometimes models get their matrixes messed up for some unknown reason to me when importing and fixing them in blender/3dmax dosnt seem to work, so I often end just making each object apart and them importing them individually.

the best way to avoid this in blender is to make sure your normals/faces are all oriented to the outside and that scale / rotation is applied prior to export
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

I'm kinda out of the loop with the newest pcs features, but can you set glowpoint information in your source files and import them into pof?  Like glow_texture?
I want to set them up in importable files, that I can quickly drag and drop onto the models and do minimal maintenance?
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

I know this is a huge feature request and it might not be something you're interested in, but could you add support for exporting ships into Vegastrike engine format to PCS2? It would be really great if we had a graphical tool for hardpoint/shield editing.
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Also I'd like to request migrating from WXWindows 2.8 to 3.0. The GL Canvas code that exists has been deprecated and the application no longer builds on Debian 8.1
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Another question for another year....

There is a COB scaling factor, but is there a way to scale DAE files?  I'm kinda tired of having to edit in such a small scale and then have to export into other engines with a 100X factor.  (Things like symmetry, welding, chamfering, etc... don't really like being used on such a small scale.  I could just rescale before export, but that can cause all sorts of problems with animations (not that engine supports animation yet...)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
And there's another question: Portability, being able to use PCS 2 from a flash drive, which makes it independent of %APPDATA% and registries.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
And there's another question: Portability, being able to use PCS 2 from a flash drive, which makes it independent of %APPDATA% and registries.
It's not already portable?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I think it's portable. Or isn't it?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...