Author Topic: Triple Monitor Setup  (Read 20459 times)

Okay. Real first-world problem here. I just found out about Diaspora. I installed it and it is absolutely amazing. Slight problem: I have a triple monitor setup (5040x1050). The launcher recognizes this resolution, and the game graphics support is perfectly (with the right aspect ratio) but all menus both in the game, and during mission selection are stretched out of proportion. I did a quick search and didn't find any fixes. Quick fix for this, I hope? Thanks!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck.  I don't believe we've managed to update the interface to work without stretching in anything except a 4:3 screen resolution.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thanks for the reply. Follow-up question then: Is there a way to set the resolution manually via config file or something? My native single-monitor resolution, 1680x1050, isn't an option.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You can set the resolution manually through the launcher.  Go to the "Advanced Settings" tab, then add the following to "Custom Flags" (in addition to anything else that may already be these): -res 1680x1050
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
we need some screenshots or video! i'm curious to see Diaspora in triple monitor setup :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Davros

As you wish (5292x1050)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:10:25 am by Davros »

Offline newman

Yea that's definitely in the "cool but useless gimmick" territory. I have a dual monitor setup, twice 1920x1200, but I still only play Diaspora on one (distance I'd have to sit to take it all in with eyes isn't covered by the desk). Three's definitely overkill unless you had wide angle lenses installed instead of regular human eyes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:01:00 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You'll want to make yourself a new HUD_gauges table.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

You guys are so negative! I find the screenshots beautiful and I'd love to play Diaspora in such a set!! I envy you Davros :)

Offline Davros

Most cards now support 3+ monitors so its easy to do

Yes I already have one for standard fs2 open

How it looks (blueplanet i believe) with a fixed hud

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:18:42 am by Davros »

Offline Luis Dias

It's easy *if you haaaave threeee monitors* lool

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Most cards now support 3+ monitors so its easy to do

Yes I already have one for standard fs2 open

How it looks (blueplanet i believe) with a fixed hud

Hey, I remember that, I made that HUD:D

Here's one for BP in-cockpit:

Anyway, if you really really want it, I will try to adapt the Diaspora HUD to Eyefinity res for you.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Right now we have 4:3 and 16:9 setups but if you'd be willing to make the table tweaks and post up pics of how they look we can put it into the next patch or release.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Right now we have 4:3 and 16:9 setups but if you'd be willing to make the table tweaks and post up pics of how they look we can put it into the next patch or release.

Done.

TBL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9w661u71i4t6xel

It would probably be a good idea at this point to request that Diaspora and SCP add a new variable to $Required Aspect named UltraWide Screen to handle these new resolutions since as they are now I need to leach off Wide Screen, meaning then you need to put the TBL in the tables folder and overwrite normal wide screen.

Also, for anyone interested in the future, it's simply an offset of the base resolution by the horizontal value. I.E, a Base resolution of 1600x900 means changing base to 4800x900, and adding 1600 to the horizontal position on the position flag for each gauge.

This:
Code: [Select]
$Ship: Raptor
$Color: ( 160, 225, 255 )
$Font: 4
$Base: (1600, 900)
$Required Aspect: Wide Screen
$Min: (1280, 720)
$Max: (1920, 1080)
$Gauges:
+Custom:
Position: (635, 277 )
Name: MiscSEXPBar
Text:
X Offset: 10
Y Offset: 5
Gauge Type: RADAR
Slew: YES
Active by default: NO
Filename: col_miscbargauge

Becomes this:
$Base: (4800, 900)
$Min: (3840, 720)
$Max: (5760, 1080)
$Gauges:
+Custom:
Position: (2235, 277)
Text:

In the case of Diaspora however, leave "Radar BSG" alone since they bind that to the ship anyway.

Offline Davros

Thanks a lot....

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Kyad, since you're good at these would you be willing to do some alt resolutions for the Cylon HUDs in the tables? Since currently we only have a 4:3 one that is stretched for everything.

You'll get a nice bit in the next release credits for your efforts :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Kyad, since you're good at these would you be willing to do some alt resolutions for the Cylon HUDs in the tables? Since currently we only have a 4:3 one that is stretched for everything.

You'll get a nice bit in the next release credits for your efforts :)

I'll give it a shot. It's quite a bit more work then off setting horizontal res though, so it may take a while.

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion

Done.

TBL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9w661u71i4t6xel

It would probably be a good idea at this point to request that Diaspora and SCP add a new variable to $Required Aspect named UltraWide Screen to handle these new resolutions since as they are now I need to leach off Wide Screen, meaning then you need to put the TBL in the tables folder and overwrite normal wide screen.

Also, for anyone interested in the future, it's simply an offset of the base resolution by the horizontal value. I.E, a Base resolution of 1600x900 means changing base to 4800x900, and adding 1600 to the horizontal position on the position flag for each gauge.

This:
$Base: (1600, 900)
$Min: (1280, 720)
$Max: (1920, 1080)
$Gauges:
+Custom:
Position: (635, 277 )
Text:

Becomes this:
$Base: (4800, 900)
$Min: (3840, 720)
$Max: (5760, 1080)
$Gauges:
+Custom:
Position: (2235, 277)
Text:

In the case of Diaspora however, leave "Radar BSG" alone since they bind that to the ship anyway.

Hi I also Have a triple Monitor set up I have downloaded your file but It had no read me with it on how to install it Can you please tell me where I place the file .TBL so I can get My HUD in the right Ratio please
Many Thanks For your great work  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:40:22 am by CenturionModel0005 »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Hi I also Have a triple Monitor set up I have downloaded your file but It had no read me with it on how to install it Can you please tell me where I place the file .TBL so I can get My HUD in the right Ratio please
Many Thanks For your great work  ;)

Ah, sorry about that, it goes in:
C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\tables\
Or where ever your Diaspora folder is located.

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion

wow that was really easy and it worked 1st You are a star that little fix has made so much difference I am now thinking I am going to Dig the Old X52 Pro Out and Map it in to game I already have TrackerIR pro 5 with Pro Head Clip I got that out day before and installed that and I was blown away then I see the triple  monitor post and I have that working so I think I can only do this game justice by adding my flight Stick  :pimp: