Author Topic: 2009-04-05 - Cylon Basestar  (Read 52887 times)

Offline boewolf

Re: 09-04-05 - Cylon Basestar
There is no rationale. I'm quite, quite mad. And you've made mr. Flibble mad, too. If you don't watch it, you'll be punished with 2 hours of W.O.O. (With Out Oxygen)

(Mr. Flibble wanted me to pass along a message from the Potato king: detail boxes. I can make use of those so each of the rack areas is replaced by a lower poly one when you're far enough. Considering everything else had been modeled up to that point, no I couldn't have spent those polygons better elsewhere.)

The model is frakkin gorgeous, but that is frakkin hilarious! :lol:

BSG or Red Dwarf???  I don't know which one I enjoyed more...  Oh wait.  They can't be compared...  Red Dwarf was a comedy...  Both sweet in their own right.

Wow, man. Wow. That's gorgeous. I'm so glad I'm getting a new video card within the next few weeks. =D

Offline newman

Texturing progress - i'm still tinkering with a lot of stuff there, and aligning things over uvw areas. But this should give you an idea of how it's going.. The shiny metal look will be achieved with the spec map, this is merely a render of the diffuse texture.

I'd also like to add that artists-wise, we are a bit short handed; sure we can do everything, but it'll take time. So, if you want to help us out, we could certainly use good 3d modelers/texturers (you'll need to know how to uvw map as well to integrate the two).
Drop us a line at [email protected] if you feel you have the skill and time to help us out. We'd also appreciate if you include some examples of your work so far, that's the easiest way to see what you can offer.
You can find out more here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:29:08 pm by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Been way too long since I peeked into this thread (I really should get into looking into the developer blog more often in general), but that texturing work was coming around beautifully, I can only imagine what it's looking like now.

Awesome work, Newman.

Offline newman

Thanks, I've improved the texture you see somewhat and done quite a bit on the final 2 maps. I'll post some more pics in a bit.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Well, it's been a bit. Long enough, in fact, that I'm getting the 30-days-since-last-post warning. Got any pretty pics for us?

Offline newman

Well, it's been a bit. Long enough, in fact, that I'm getting the 30-days-since-last-post warning. Got any pretty pics for us?

It's undergoing some final touches right now, actually. I've been tweaking the textures and assembling a light rig for the glow maps. It should be ready quite soon. In the mean time, however, I seem to have forgotten to post these pics here - I did have them posted elsewhere so you may have seen them already. Keep in mind though that these aren't the latest and don't show a finished product - the end result should look better.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
it looks quite good, I envy your texturing skills ^^
el hombre vicio...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I see no reason to not envy any of Newman's awesome skills. Glorious, my good man!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Bilal18

Its wonderful newman :)

Very cool. Can't wait to see it being blown up.  :D

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
It's undergoing some final touches right now, actually. I've been tweaking the textures and assembling a light rig for the glow maps. It should be ready quite soon. In the mean time, however, I seem to have forgotten to post these pics here - I did have them posted elsewhere so you may have seen them already. Keep in mind though that these aren't the latest and don't show a finished product - the end result should look better.
bettER?
that sounds pretty hard from what i can see..

Offline ark2010

:shaking:        That thing.... it'sevil... pure,evil...     :shaking:

That does, however, look fantastic!
Well done!!! Can't wait to throw my viper into a kamikazee attack against it.  ;7

Offline newman

Can't wait to throw my viper into a kamikazee attack against it.  ;7

Oh yeah. That's gonna hurt it.. :P

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Having Vipers smash themselves against the Baseship's armor like bugs hitting a windshield might ruffle the Cylons' tender sensebilities
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Having Vipers smash themselves against the Baseship's armor like bugs hitting a windshield might ruffle the Cylons' tender sensebilities
Like throwing cotton buds against tanks, yelling "take that you *beep*"     :lol:
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline ark2010

... not if i fly inside it... with a nuke... and a strongly worded letter, explaining my disgruntle with their extermination of the human race. That outta do it.. right? :yes:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Now, if BSG had Viet Cong sappers, that might actually be viable.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
spy sappin mah basestar?
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
no touche touche my base...star.
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...