Author Topic: It's Happening  (Read 8419 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
So, we are reasonably certain the server seeded torrent won't be necessary?

I would upload myself as I have an account and know how, but I'm limited to cell, satellite, or public wifi networks at the moment.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The 2014 MediaVPs torrent currently has... 54 seeds that my client can see. I've personally uploaded 7.58 GB and currently have only two peers connected, downloading a total of... 20 kb/s from me. I think our current seeding is fine.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
If we have torrenting mirrors, I'd be happy to seed.
Potato!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is this a direct reason of problems with SVNs hosted on fsmods? Every commit or update is extremly slow, but it's not caused by my internet connection :(.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Is this a direct reason of problems with SVNs hosted on fsmods? Every commit or update is extremly slow, but it's not caused by my internet connection :(.
Most likely. But at least you're suffering for a good reason!
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
If we're still getting traffic-slammed, anyone with a Google account can set up a public google drive folder as a mirror.  Let me know if its needed.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The 2014 MediaVPs torrent currently has... 54 seeds that my client can see. I've personally uploaded 7.58 GB and currently have only two peers connected, downloading a total of... 20 kb/s from me. I think our current seeding is fine.

Uploaded 933.4 MB here, with no peers currently connected.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah, I've managed to upload 12.7 GB+ in the last two days, peers seem to connect fairly sporadically. With the way the installer works most downloads will be via direct HTTP to the mirrors, it would be super cool to integrate torrents into the installer, but I don't know how hard that would be.

Although... hmmm....
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/944530/java-bittorrent-library
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If you do integrated torrents, I would recommend trying to use gameupdates if possible. For the simple reason that having fat channel servers seeding will make the speeds faster and more consistent.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
If we're still getting traffic-slammed, anyone with a Google account can set up a public google drive folder as a mirror.  Let me know if its needed.

I have a feeling after a hundred GB or so they'd stop that real quick. I also don't know how it would play with direct links.

FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz