Author Topic: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom  (Read 68762 times)

Offline bombush

Re: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom
Just finished one branch and It was both awesome and really nostalgic. It played totally like WC4 with better graphics and a lot of gameplay enhancing features (gotta love FS2 for all the customizable keys and targetting functions). I have to say that I wouldn't want to serve on a carrier with a captain like Paulson though - leaving the ship unguarded like that... =)

One thing that surprised me was the takeoff/landing cutscene in the last mission. Was it included in the original game as well?

Anyway keep up the good work on the main course. I'm getting really hungry...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
One thing that surprised me was the takeoff/landing cutscene in the last mission. Was it included in the original game as well?

If you are referring to the Avenger launch sequence - that bloody thing wouldn't fit into Intrepid's hangar. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

I know I’m pretty late, but the link isn’t working any more. Is there an alternative mirror to download the demo? Or even better, is the remake already released and I’m only too blind to find it?

Thanks!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
FIRE THE SILVER ONE !!

:welcomesilver:

Check the WCSaga site, it should list all active downlaods :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Thanks for the links. I have looked at the Wing Commander Saga Website before I posted the question and I would have never ever imagined that the WC IV Demo is somehow “hidden” under Autopilot Tech Demo 2. But never mind, I was able to play it. What shall I say, awesome work! I’m very sure I will enjoy the Saga and of course the remakes of the old Wing Commander Parts. I never had the chance to play WC 1 and WC 2 so I’m quite curious how the feeling will be.

Additionally it is very nice to know that I’ll be able to play WC 3 and WC 4 again. Do you plan to remake WC 5 as well? I’m just imagining it with the enhanced videos you can still download. I’m pretty sure it’ll feel like a new game. Same with WC 4, I should have the DVD-version somewhere, so a video enhanced version would be possible. But the disk is very, very old and at the time when I got it, some of the videos did not work. But around 95% did. Do you have an estimate when you could be done with the remakes?

Thanks for your work!

Ok, let's try this again.

In my excitement for the impending release of WC Saga I've been playing through these again and I thought it was a shame that the movies were so low res. So I made a set of higher res versions. It was mostly an exercise in using Mjn Mixeals toolset (which is awesome) to make ingame movies. I had to split up the file to get it on MediaFire. I suggest putting them in WCHFAssets/data/movies.

My apologies to anyone who tried to download from my first post. I realized that I had converted the first clip of the first movie not the entire movie (doh). So I hurried back and deleted the post. These are the right ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a497dvw1fsi9b9m/WC4movies1.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ubah45bwb8by7b4/WC4movies2.7z 
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.