Author Topic: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom  (Read 68086 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom
You have to select WC4 campaign in the campaign room first ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
You have to select WC4 campaign in the campaign room first ;)

I would but the campaign isn't even there.
Again :confused: :confused:
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Are you sure you are looking in the right place? Did you put the VP files into the Prologue's folder?

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Light

I have played your The Price of Freedom mission pack and the missions played perfectly, however I am now having a graphics problem. The models are there and they play without a problem but all of the new ships from the WC4 pack are untextured there surfaces with the exception of the gun turrets and engine glow are just a blank flat white. Interestingly since installing the pack all the prologs original ships except for the Lexington which is unchanged have the opposite problem, there gun turrets are now lacking texture wile the hulls and hangers are fine. In addition the Amadeus class transport is now partially textured and partially not. All textures are in place in FRED 2_OPEN 3.6.9 however in game play they appear as stated above. Finally the videos between missions are severely distorted, as though three images were playing side by side in the same window and are awash with colored static or messed up gamma correction which renders it almost impossible to view, although sound quality is unaffected. I would like to be able to enjoy the full experience of seeing the WC4 ships in this new format. Is there anything that you could recommend that I do to fix these problems? I have screenshots of the affected vessels as they appear in my game if that would be of use.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You aren't, by any chance, using Direct3D mode?

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Light

Yes apparently that was it. I am no expert at most of this graphics stuff I just like to play the game. Although I do like testing .TBL modifications such as recreating the WC4 Heavy Photon Gun, Heavy Ion Gun, and the Heavy Massdriver. One interesting thing that happened wile playing this mission pack was that just before I played mission WC4-Demo-04A, I think that’s the nebula mission, I played the downloadable custom mission Capships which starts you off in a Thunderbolt with 6 Dumbfires and a torpedo. After paying that I went into the campaign and played the above WC4 mission. When it started Maniac and I were in that same Thunderbolt. Weird.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:39:38 pm by Light »

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Are you sure you are looking in the right place? Did you put the VP files into the Prologue's folder?
Yeah still nothing.
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I didn't know John Spencer was in WC. Cool.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah still nothing.

Well, as long as VPs are in the right place the error is on your end.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Link seems to be dead-ish at the moment... :(

EDIT: Thanks for help. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:00:16 am by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
the link works, it is just that the redirect from wcsaga.com to www.wcsaga.com isn't working correctly.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Tolwyn, thanks for this wonderful gift, what a nice surprise to find after being on medical leave again, am dl now and looking forward to seeing this, I am so glad you and others continue to keep things alive and creative.  Am also dl Prologue files too, to see these wonderful achievements

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:19:44 am by Christopherger »
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline csabes

I was looking through the wc4_core_0.23.vp file and noticed that there was a Vesuvious model. I then looked in FRED to see if it was there and it wasn't. I tried to get it to where I could use it in FRED but I can't figure it out. Is there a way I can use the Vesuvious in FRED? I'd appreciate any help.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
sort of. You will notice, that a txt file is inside the table dir. You must add the content of this file into the tbm file supplied with the wc4 demo. Apart from the Vesuvius our old Concordia-class model is included, but disabled by default. Reason is: both models look butt ugly with the current engine :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline csabes

I tried adding all of the data for the vesuvious from the txt file to the tbm file but it doesn't save anything. If I have to extract the file just to save it, wouldn't I have to upload it back into the vp file? If so, I don't know how to do that.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Anything in Data\Tables would override anything in the VPs Table folder so just save it there. You may need to make the folder yourself.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline csabes

Do you mean WCSaga Prologue/data/Tables?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
simply extract the txt file and the tbm file. insert the data from the table file into the tbm file. Be sure to put the data into the correct place. Then put the modified tbm file into prologue/data/tables folder.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline csabes

Alright, it worked. Thanks for your help.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Don't say, that I did not warn you. Those models were disabled for a reason. ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester