Author Topic: Just played Wing commander saga prologue and all I can say is...WOW!  (Read 2902 times)

Just played Wing commander saga prologue and all I can say is...WOW!
I am  someone who STILL has all my old copies of wing commander including :The Kilrathi Saga (WC 1,2 and 3 and secret missions 1+2 and special operations 1+2 I downloaded) As well as WC IV and WC Prophecy and I also have a dos computer I can play them on. As well as the original WC privateer and privateer 2 As well as Free space 1+2 and a lot of other space sims.

I LOVE space sims, but to me NOTHING comes close to the wing commander series....not even freespace!

You guys have done a great job of capturing a game that Origin made years ago. Congrats!

You have just won over a genuine WC fan and THAT is not an easy task I can assure you.

But when I was playing WC saga, I felt like I had gotten out my old Origin games and was playing them again....I do that sometimes....because I miss the WC series so much.

Origin made a very serious mistake when they decided to drop WC for ultima in my opinion. Because it was not long after that they went out of business.

But with you guys making a game like this one that is true to the WC universe "roots", I think it is a great thing and the programmers at the old Origin would be proud. You really captured the WC universe well.

Can't wait for the full version....when will it be released?

Anyway, keep up the good work. And please leave this game as it is, true to the original game!

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Just played Wing commander saga prologue and all I can say is...WOW!
One more happy customer ^_^
Its good to hear that we are doing things right.

As for the release...official its still Q4, 2669 and we are working hard to get it done till then.
But as usual in the busniss, don't listen to the official dates, they are made up by the PR-department ^_^
Good thing is that nearly all mission are close to betatesting and its quite a number of missions you will get. Playtime should be around WC3 or 4 in length, except that we don't have hours of video footage. Recruting Hamill and the others would have been a bit expansive.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Captain Moran

• WCS Voice Actor
2669?????????????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be dead, dude....
They are not toys. They are collectables.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Me too. My descendents will carry on though. :lol:
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

One more happy customer ^_^
Its good to hear that we are doing things right.

As for the release...official its still Q4, 2669 and we are working hard to get it done till then.
But as usual in the busniss, don't listen to the official dates, they are made up by the PR-department ^_^
Good thing is that nearly all mission are close to betatesting and its quite a number of missions you will get. Playtime should be around WC3 or 4 in length, except that we don't have hours of video footage. Recruting Hamill and the others would have been a bit expansive.

2669? Wow you guys don't want to discourage anyone so I guess you are being VERY conservative in your release date estimate! LOL!

Of course, my great, great, great , great grandson may be able to play it though.

Yeah I could imagine how expensive it would be to recruit Mark Hamill and all the others just to do video footage.

But seeing as how the game is free and does not cost 50 bucks a pop, I think WC fans like myself just want the game action and are more than happy with that.

I can live without the video footage....don't get me wrong...I loved playing the WC games with videos of Hamill and the others, but the real joy was the gameplay itself. 

Which is where I think WC saga really shines.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Actually there will be cutscenes. A lot of them. Just without real actors. Probably with CGI characters. ;)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Shhh don't spoil everything ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline KeldorKatarn

Hehe, well we won't really challenge wc4 cutscene quanity wise ;) But I think we have a good position and will kick some serious ass Gameplay-wise ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
That's why I said "probably". ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

I totally agree that this mod is simply amazing. I haven't payed any WC games for about 6 or 7 years and was completely drawn back into the series with this mod. You guys are doing an amazing job here and I would think your efforts will not go unnoticed by the gaming community in general. It's amazing how bad the big corps can mess up such a grand series when a small group of guys who work with passion instead of dollars in mind can get it right!

Thanks so much!

I can hardly wait to play the completed mod.

:nod: :yes: