Author Topic: Mac Launcher  (Read 2614 times)

For those of you who can't wait for the Mac Launcher, use a Port instead;
http://portingteam.com/files/file/7249-wing-commander-saga-darkest-dawn/

Sorry Tolwyn, here's your post

Thanks for the heads up. As it stands, the Mac build is finished and we could use a few extra hands to give it a whirl before we release it to a broader audience.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:31:40 am by Everglide »

I'd be happy to give it a whirl, if you are in need of more testers?

Did the mac release run into some major problem? I'm afraid wine aint cutting it for me. no joystick support on mac.   (well it has problems for many games of which fs2 is included)

Apparently, the mac release is actually ready, but they can't release yet for some reason.
Give me a couple to find Tolwyn's post about it ...

EDIT - there it is
Quote from: Tolwyn
Just for clarification: the Mac OS X and Linux ports (aside from the launcher) are both finished (and have been for over a month now) - some issues, that are totally unrelated to the development process or the team per se, have forced us not to release these ports in June as we originally planned.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:05:28 am by X3N0-Life-Form »

But what issues? ? have they been threatened by the mob? are they sworn to secrecy?  It's not that I'm impatient for the mac release, but 5 minutes on a real news post specific on their issues would be nice rather then vague snippets.  If the work has been done for two months, it really sounds ominous, and I for one would like to know what troubles they are facing.  Particularly if it is the mob.  :)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You'd probably get more info by going directly on their forum. WCS devs don't come here often.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras