Author Topic: Missing polies on the Ferret  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Missing polies on the Ferret
Can anyone else confirm? One of the topside intakes is missing a few polies -- one on the internal hull, and two on the intake itself (which is why the missing poly on the hull can be seen in the first place).

(Yes, I messed with the texture on my own and made it green, for great justice.)

Edit: Upon further investigation, it looks visible from the outside, too. Second pic posted.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:42:27 am by Mad Bomber »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: Missing polies on the Ferret
Confirmed. However, as far as I know, the missing polys are caused by an old PCS2 bug, and it shouldn't happen with recent versions of PCS2.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
The hole is genuinely really there. Both in yesterday's PCS build, and in game.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
I mean, a newer version of PCS2 should not remove any polygons like that when the model is exported from DAE to POF format. Obviously, PCS2 won't be able to fix holes in an existing POF model, but if the DAE model that the POF was made from is re-converted with a newer build of PCS2, the hole should not be there.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!