Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238998 times)

Ironbeer added to HLP.
Z64555 added to FTB. Note the pack version should be 1.1.0 to be on the server.

Thx much.

General word of advice: don't reflexively type /home before you've actually reset your home, or you'll find yourself standing at spawn, possibly with an uncomfortably-close zombie.  That goes double if you don't even remember your home coordinates.  That whole Nether system was a godsend, though it took a few false starts to find my way back to my connecting path.  (Sidenote: holy crap that is complex now.  You guys have been crazy busy.  Also I should have Sandwich show me how things work around his place, since I don't recognize half of those farm mechanisms anymore.)

Hee, I knew the nether highways would come in handy :D. I did the bulk of the work around the spawn areas and the stretches to some of the far-off claims. JCDN helped with the construction of the highways around his and your place, and has been working on it every now and then.

I haven't seen Sandwich on the server for some time, but JCDN and I have been tending to the area by the villager breeder. AFAIK the iron and gold farms are still operational, but they need those chunks loaded and it takes a bit of time.

To be fair, you deserve at least 95% of all the credit, Z! I've helped expand and make the Nether generally more traversable, some paths leading to unbuilt areas of the Nether or connect errant portals to the Nether Highway as well as the earlier mentioned easy portal to the northern extreme old world border.

In terms of Sandwich's place, there's a lot of farms there to be used, some of which I expanded such as Wheat and Sugar Cane. The Gold farm still works, but Iron farm hasn't produced any iron in a while though, I think there must be something 'stuck'.

I hope to see a lot of activity from others on the server, I'll do my things as always, slowly improving my area until it's completed, ten years from now :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
To be fair, you deserve at least 95% of all the credit, Z! I've helped expand and make the Nether generally more traversable, some paths leading to unbuilt areas of the Nether or connect errant portals to the Nether Highway as well as the earlier mentioned easy portal to the northern extreme old world border.

Well I generally don't like boasting when there's others involved in a project, even if it is deserved.  :P

In terms of Sandwich's place, there's a lot of farms there to be used, some of which I expanded such as Wheat and Sugar Cane. The Gold farm still works, but Iron farm hasn't produced any iron in a while though, I think there must be something 'stuck'.

I'll take a look around there tonight maybe. I'm hoping its just being slow or an out of place block. :nervous:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Now that I did figure out how to traverse the Nether back to my place from where the signs petered out, I should throw a few more in there so that I can find it again the next time I do something silly.  I could probably stand to spruce up the materials from n00by cobble, too. :p

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Cobble is OK for the pathway, but having a supporting structure of a different material such as stone bricks would be nice. I have several different patterns near the spawn portals.

I checked out the iron farm, and it looks like they might have increased the hitboxes of the iron golemns a tad. They're getting stuck in the holes at the top by hanging on the ledge. I can fix this by replacing the fencing with a glass tube, which I'll try to do later hopefully. I also fixed the ice conveyor that moves the iron bars from the kill chamber to the main storeroom. Somebody had placed 2 torches on the walls to in entrance of the storage room, which melted the ice that was 1 block away, through glass. It's possible they were already there, but recent changes had allowed ice to melt even if glass was there.

Forge Mod server: I spend quite a bit of time today and yesterday to breed sugarcane, since its natural generation seems to be 0 for that particular seed for the RTG mod. I'm also having a very difficult time finding iron anywhere in the overworld dimension, and probably will have the same luck with the other vanilla ores. I have found precisely 0 vanilla ores in a single chunk that I mined (manually. with a stone hammer), and even went to a different biome to see if I had the same luck.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Cobble is OK for the pathway, but having a supporting structure of a different material such as stone bricks would be nice. I have several different patterns near the spawn portals.

I checked out the iron farm, and it looks like they might have increased the hitboxes of the iron golemns a tad. They're getting stuck in the holes at the top by hanging on the ledge. I can fix this by replacing the fencing with a glass tube, which I'll try to do later hopefully. I also fixed the ice conveyor that moves the iron bars from the kill chamber to the main storeroom. Somebody had placed 2 torches on the walls to in entrance of the storage room, which melted the ice that was 1 block away, through glass. It's possible they were already there, but recent changes had allowed ice to melt even if glass was there.

Forge Mod server: I spend quite a bit of time today and yesterday to breed sugarcane, since its natural generation seems to be 0 for that particular seed for the RTG mod. I'm also having a very difficult time finding iron anywhere in the overworld dimension, and probably will have the same luck with the other vanilla ores. I have found precisely 0 vanilla ores in a single chunk that I mined (manually. with a stone hammer), and even went to a different biome to see if I had the same luck.

I have quite a lot if needed.

Depends on the biome. Both Extreme_Hills and Deep_Ocean have plenty, tested via my mine near spawn and several quarrys, and by me having a couple dozen stacks of blocks of iron.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
See, I tried in the plains, and then did a test run shaft in a biome that was marked "extreme hills." that's in the on the east side of the bay between my place, Xevo's, and Von's and didn't get any iron. Oh well.

I managed to plant some sugarcane on the shores by both of their places so they can get started farming it if they want to. I have an orchid set up with various fruit trees from Pam's mod, including apples and gooseberries. I may end up focusing on having that area as an agriculture center instead of my usual MO of doing mechanical things.

I seem to have run out of data for this month much earlier than expected, combination of software updates and a new game download took a big bite, so I won't be in until the 24th at the soonest. :/
chief1983

------------

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm back at it on the mod server. Since none of the vanilla ores could be found in my claim, I traveled to the Twilight forest and stripped out a chunk near the entrance portal. I should be all set for iron now, as I can transmute copper, tin, into iron so long as I have one iron nugget to work with (and the supporting thaumic crucible).

According to the friends GUI, there hasn't been anybody on the mod server for months. :(
chief1983

------------

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Double posting because I found something important-ish.

I decided to stop by the Hardlight server and see what was up with the iron farm. I had spawned right in, so I might've been surveying it before. The iron farm had clogged up from golems sticking on the edges of the "drop chute," so I expanded the hole and built retaining walls out of stone fences.

As part of the maintenance, I climbed up to check the top part, where the cane farm was, there, too, they were constricted, but placing some water blocks on the E and W sides resolved that.

This is when I noticed that the cane farm pistons were not actuating. I later come to find out that recent server changes prevent pistons from moving blocks outside of land claims. Somebody will have to make a claim in that chunk(s) to get the cane farm back up and running again.

I also noticed, that STILL the cane farm is full up to the brim. Even the ****ing hoppers that transport the cane to the chests are full up.  :lol:

[Edit] I managed to get a water conveyor system set up to transport all of the cane from the farm down to the control room. Still need the pistons to be fixed before the farm can get running again, however.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:16:27 pm by z64555 »
chief1983

------------

Can you whitelist me for the survival server? " KoalaBrownie "
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:11:00 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Done.

Yeah went on the survival server and saw that after my multi-year absence my area had at last been griefed. Mostly wood damage, stole my golden chalice statue, etcetera. Railway is griefed in areas as well and the village/base near my place had lava flowing upon it when I went round as well.

Oddly enough though at my base, the most developed part of the base was untouched. They just griefed the ****ty parts by and large, except for some cieling damage in the main room.

We will rebuild! If I feel bothered enough to do so.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah, so you're the owner of the citadel at the end of the world? Last time I checked the place (which was about a year) it was fine, but had a serious mob problem around the nether portal below the chalice.

I built a cobblestone path in the nether to your place as part of the effort to expand the nether highway. The nether highway was made to make it easier for folks to traverse/visit others, but of course the obvious disadvantage is that it also makes it easier for griefers to travel as well.  :nono:

Kyad might be able to roll back the damage, if it was recent enough. If not, I'll be back online after the 24th and can help you rebuild.
chief1983

------------

Cool.
I think I'm fine on the damage side of things. It's mostly just wooden floors that got burned. And those floors were otherwise featureless. Just empty rooms. Maybe a few stairs and such but nothing big. Like I say the Griefers missed the developed parts of place. Weird actually

One problem I think is the Raliway though - I went west along the railway and found a few towers had lava on them, and the base near the jungle and the turn in the railway had lava all over it as well.  I ran right into a big flow of lava in one of the desert towers and got burned up.  So that might need a bit of repairing, particularly the upper route (eastward traveling). Given how much damage is on the eastern route I think whoever came actually took the railway not the nether route.

And yeah that Portal room has a bunch of mobs spawn in it. I kinda don't like the Minecraft lighting rules, I think the threshold is too low for monsters to spawn. Would be cooler to have some moody lighting in a base instead of needing to spam torches absolutely everywhere. That said, since mob damage is off it doesn't really matter if they spawn there or not.

I haven't been in the nether too recently. It was kind of annoying. First I made my portal, went in there, and then later for some reason my portal in the nether was in a different spot- and then later still, when I came back into the normal world it spawned a different portal underground. So who knows. Will got and check out what you did though. Right now I'm just focusing on actually developing some more of that citadel. Will finish a hallway or two, then maybe another quadrant though that'll take ages.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
I put in significant effort to fix the nether portals so that they correctly link to their overworld coords particularly around the spawn and old spawn portals. Sadly, I don't remember if I did the same for your portal.
chief1983

------------

I put in significant effort to fix the nether portals so that they correctly link to their overworld coords particularly around the spawn and old spawn portals. Sadly, I don't remember if I did the same for your portal.

All good. I think I put a little room around my portal in the nether so odds are you didn't move that and it's still the same as it was. I can always fix it sometime myself as well, just divide the co-ordinates by 8 or whatever the method is to get them to link up properly.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I somewhat lucked out in that I managed to move my portal a reasonably-far distance in the overworld and still have it link up to the same Nether portal without doing any of the necessary math.  If I can ever get myself back on the server on a regular basis, I'd love to help out with the whole Nether system if it's needed.  At the very least I wouldn't mind throwing a few more signs down; even after going through them I'm still not sure where at least half of those portals actually lead.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah, so you're the owner of the citadel at the end of the world? Last time I checked the place (which was about a year) it was fine, but had a serious mob problem around the nether portal below the chalice.

I built a cobblestone path in the nether to your place as part of the effort to expand the nether highway. The nether highway was made to make it easier for folks to traverse/visit others, but of course the obvious disadvantage is that it also makes it easier for griefers to travel as well.  :nono:

Kyad might be able to roll back the damage, if it was recent enough. If not, I'll be back online after the 24th and can help you rebuild.

No, with the move to 1.10 Prism was removed as it is no longer supported since the community split due to that Wolf jackass and Prism devs went with the "don't support bukkit" side. GP is your only anti-grief since and it's out of my control.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
No, with the move to 1.10 Prism was removed as it is no longer supported since the community split due to that Wolf jackass and Prism devs went with the "don't support bukkit" side. GP is your only anti-grief since and it's out of my control.

Welp.

I stopped by the citidel and patched up a few things around the challice. Not a whole lot, tho.

I also moved the portal in the nether so that it would directly link up to the chalice portal instead of trying to link to some ancillary portal in the basement that had spawned when the chalice portal got blown up.
chief1983

------------

Cool thanks man. Still haven't had a chance to go to the nether, I've been outside of the citadel building a big hole in the ground. Gathering more materials that I probably don't need to gather, but whatever- I find it fun to make a project out of the resource gathering that supports the other project. Helps keep the resource gathering interesting but sometimes it can just be a distraction from building the thing I'm supposed to build.