Author Topic: "and then a shivan comes along!"  (Read 6270 times)

"and then a shivan comes along!"
My thought is this...

They live inside some sort of nebula environment because that is the most suitable environment for them. Notice in FS2 that they mostly gathred in nebulas. They use the sun to blow up the knossos devices that lead to their homeworld or whatever. In my book of theories.

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by Dark_4ce:
You mean Centerpoint? I think I know what you're getting at, but wasn't that some sort of interdiction field generator? Been a LONG time since I read those books.

Its also got a canon capable of hitting targets hundreds, if not thousands, of lightyears away nearly instantaneously. Its even capable of causing stars to go supernova. (source: "Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse, part of the New Jedi Order series of novels.)

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by WS-Thunder:
They live inside some sort of nebula environment because that is the most suitable environment for them. Notice in FS2 that they mostly gathred in nebulas. They use the sun to blow up the knossos devices that lead to their homeworld or whatever. In my book of theories.

Yeh, that's an idea I suppose - but then again, in FS1, we didn't have nebulae.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Pnaaaag?
What I don't get, if the Shivans were just afraid of aliens:
1. why do they keep attacking everyone else?
2. why are they still afraid after being the only known species with the ability to blow up planets, stars, etc.? They're obviously the big kids on the block.

I think the idea advanced by the Ancients monologue is supposed to be the canon one, although humans could also just be in season every 32 years...