Author Topic: What did Derek Smart do  (Read 10294 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What did Derek Smart do
DS is one of those things you must ignore or else you get head hurts. Sometimes i wonder what that guy is actualy thinking. There is no respectefull and good gaming company that would do something like that or  say something like that. He just lives in a world of his own. And the best thing to do is to ignore him and his fantasies.(sp?)

At least that  is the advice I recieved and it served me well.

Good thing he failed at his endeavour!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inspiring Derek Smart quotes (some may be out of context):

And it didn't take a Ph.D. to figure out out either... (Which I most obviously [don't] have).

So, lets cut the crap and get real here. Now. Would you rather NOT see another Freespace title in the retail channel, with high calibre values and from a team with a HISTORY (of crap) and (painful) EXPERIENCE in making (horrible) SPACE games? Or would you rather see it go to some larger company who is going to turn it into some unrecognizeable crap so they can leech off the Freespace name? (Like me)

"It's not so much the writing of Freespace 3 that concerns me, it's the attitude that we are a bunch of amateurs." -Flipside
You have issues. I don't remember ANY post ANYWHERE where I even came ANYWHERE close to saying or infering that which you speak of. So please stop putting words in my mouth. (If you knew ANYTHING about the business of game development or the responsibilities of game developers and publishers, you would immediately recognize the ludicrousness of your post)

I'm not inciting nor flaming anyone. (overly gullible fools)

Most games thrive on their communities and I NEVER said ANYTHING about shutting out fans. (Gents, some of the posts in this thread, are EXACTLY the reason why game developers AND publishers hardly pay attention to a game's fanbase.)

I am an Alpha male. A leader. (I have an ego)

As for greatest. A game does not have to be great. (It just has to be PROFITABLE)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I believe you said it! For someone with such a demanding name so to speak he most definetly is not that smart. When Sratcraft was made it was a hit and it still is one of the reference games in the industry. but when the add on came along it inclueded some of the objections and sugestions of the fans in order to make the add on more succesfull and more balanced. Sine well the zerg were too fast spreading and the protos were too powerfull once they got moving. so there were a few things added in order to make the game more balanced. And it succeded. Basicly wihtout input from the fans any game will die and without fan support the game will burn in the grabage dumps.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
For SOMEONE with such a DEMANDING name so to speak he most DEFINITELY is not that SMART.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

um ok...

Well i looked through that old thread.
before now I had no idea of who Derek Smart was or of his Battle Cruiser games that HE insist were so popular.

Let me just say that was appalling, any intelligent business man would never insult potential customers like that no matter how seemingly remote.  And that site that someone showed a link to that showed this fan bashing wasn't the first instance was just horrifying. 
Granted I always take what I read with a grain of salt but this was just ridiculous.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Someone else linked this in a previous thread but it's so good it's worth posting again.

http://uncyclopedia.uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smart
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:wtf:

Praise Derek Smrat.

Offline Cabbie

Now you done it guys. I hear he constantly searches his name in Google, so if you mention his name (and its possible misspellings - I hear he has a database of those) enough times he'll come here.

Again. :nervous:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If he does, we'll have to contact an admin, a :v: god, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue to unlock the napalm.  :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Let's help him:

DEREK SMRAT!
DEREK SMRAT!
DEREK SMRAT!
DEREK SMRAT!
DEREK SMRAT!
DEREK SMRAT!

Jokes aside, I do hope he doesn't return here.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Dear Derek Smart:
Please come back to Hard-light, we're tired of only roasting the Shivans, NTF, and each other... we'd like to rake you over the coals one more time...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Whatever you do don't say it 5 times in a mirror in darkness...

Oh wait, That's Candyman, Never mind...  :lol:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Dear god are you people still on that?

Leave the man, his big mouth and his ****ty games alone. Moron cometh, moron goeth.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
...but we were having fun!  :lol:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I agree with Blackdove, this is degenerating into spam and the man really isn't worth all the attention this community gives him.