Author Topic: Hi all, feedback and Windows XP/7/8  (Read 972 times)

Offline johnney351

• bring'em on!
Hi all, feedback and Windows XP/7/8
Hey guys, finally found some time to run Media VPs 2014 (upgrade to FS2 )

I must say, I'm very impressed ! love everyting from the explosion, the heat effects from the afterburners, the 3d jumps, gameplay feels comfortable and accurate, great job, having so much fun, reminding me of wing commander 1 and 2 back in the day !
 :nod:
I've been playing on my PC with  windows 7 - 64 bit no issues whatsoever.

just curious,,
will this game work on windows XP ( direct x 9c) and on my new laptop with Intel 4000 graphics(dx11)

what happened to the talks around Tachyon the Fringe, any chance for MOD being developed  ?

cheers
J
Cheers
John

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Hi all, feedback and Windows XP/7/8
There was talk about dropping Windows 98 compatibility for some reason (Cant remember what) and I dont know if it ever happened but XP is certainly supported, through Direct X was dropped due to the difficulties in maintaining the system with new features, as such FSO runs on OpenGL at version 2.1 or above which is available on some really old cards.  while the 4000 does certainly meet the OGL requirements, Intel Integrated are known to struggle with the game and you may need to turn of some features to make the game run smoothly
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline johnney351

• bring'em on!
Re: Hi all, feedback and Windows XP/7/8
thanks Headdie, I'll try it out sometime on my HD4000...
Cheers
John