Author Topic: Subspace.  (Read 3818 times)

To be fair, between subspace and that stupid nebula, I'll take subspace every time. At least in subspace I can see.

And my sensors aren't constantly jiggling. Okay, that was just the one mission, but still.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I associate subspace missions with:

• that mission in SGWP2 in which the player must debeam four Sathanas juggernauts whilst hurtling through a subspace tunnel
  • cargo container assault squad from DEM

On second thought, let's not go into subspace...it's a silly place.

Transcend is the cure for what ails you.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Okay, so here's what I learned in six hours of dicking around in FRED:

- There isn't a high-res model for the Demon. Bummer; that ship is so underutilized.

- Replacing all the fusion mortars on a Hatshepsut with Helios torpedo launchers is an amazing idea.

- Forty Ursas actually can't take out a Sathanas, but they look pretty awesome not doing so.

- MediaVP subspace is full of weird yellow fog.

- MediaVP subspace is not actually full of weird yellow fog.

- It's a good idea to make sure you didn't accidentally put a nebula in your level before you start questioning people's design choices.

- Putting loads of cap ships in subspace doesn't work, because if you have a dozen corvettes and destroyers sitting there slugging it out, you start to focus on them and you lose the effect of movement. One or two cap ships and a lot of fighters is probably ideal.

- A Vasudan destroyer can easily take out two Molochs.

- A Vasudan destroyer and two Sobeks can easily take out two Molochs, a Demon and four Cains, if the Demon is facing the destroyer directly.

- A Vasudan destroyer and two Sobeks can take out two Molochs, a Demon and four Cains with some difficulty if the Demon is broadsiding, but only if you take out the main beam cannon. Otherwise they get pulverized.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I had no idea you could nebula with the subspace skybox on... Hmmm. Subspace with blue nebula? Maybe not.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Reminds me of that bug(?) where nebula fog would stay on - produced some pretty cool looking results in conjunction with regular skyboxes/backgrounds.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
On second thought, let's not go into subspace...it's a silly place.

:yes:
I like to stare at the sun.