Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 593163 times)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
I think it's funny that every now and then someone posts the equivalent of "Keep pushing guys, I have a feeling the top is right ahead, just keep going!"

Offline Kszyhu

I'm sure that's very immature, but I enjoy all those people using "chit" as a replacement of an another four letter word.

Offline Mikes

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/372011/celebrate-2-6-1-show-your-support-buy-a-chit
I am amazed reading how negative the citizens have become. It's almost like they are starting to see the light.

Wow ... things sure have changed in Citizen Land.

If that community goes into critical meltdown eventually, ... it's gonna cause the first internet singularity, or something. ;-)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:18:09 pm by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

"Whoever this Phantom Hoover is..."  :D

First ED and now this. You're a menace, Hoover :P

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
It's good to know they're still moving those goalposts.

"No, we didn't spend the entire $150 million on the game. That's stupid. We blew a ton on hookers and blow and new cars and stuff."

or

"Sorry our game isn't done yet, we didn't spend all the money you gave us on fixing it, we spent it on pretty ads to get more money."

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
https://www.playhellion.com/

Hellion early access is launching in about an hour. Hellion is a space sim multiplayer game played from first person perspective, with elements of simulationism, and all that in AAA quality. It is the only other game I am aware of that aims to scratch that Star Citizen itch. SC may finally get some much needed competition..
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Aesaar

https://www.playhellion.com/

Hellion early access is launching in about an hour. Hellion is a space sim multiplayer game played from first person perspective, with elements of simulationism, and all that in AAA quality. It is the only other game I am aware of that aims to scratch that Star Citizen itch. SC may finally get some much needed competition..
SC still doesn't have competition.  Hellion is a completely different type of product.  Like Elite Dangerous, it's an actual game.  Star Citizen is not.

Hellion and ED are production cars doing laps on a track.  SC is an 8 year old saying he's drawing the bestest car ever. 

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Have you heard of Elite Dangerous? It's pretty great.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Aesaar

Elite Dangerous doesn't count for maslo because acknowledging it would require him to confront the fact that it's closer to what SC wanted to be than SC itself is.

Offline 666maslo666

Its pretty good but you cant leave your seat so it is a game with quite different scope compared to SC or Hellion.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Aesaar

Its pretty good but you cant leave your seat so it is a game with quite different scope compared to SC or Hellion.
[12:11.49] <Caiaphas> walking around is the most important feature in any game about spaceships
[12:12.52] <Caiaphas> how can i possibly enjoy a spaceship game in space if i can't go take a **** in my ship's toilet?

It's also the only thing SC has that ED doesn't.  And spacelegs is something Frontier is working on (and unlike CIG, they've been pretty good about delivering that sort of content regularly).  What happens when it's added and ED has everything SC has + a whole actual game?

Offline 666maslo666

[12:11.49] <Caiaphas> walking around is the most important feature in any game about spaceships
[12:12.52] <Caiaphas> how can i possibly enjoy a spaceship game in space if i can't go take a **** in my ship's toilet?

It's also the only thing SC has that ED doesn't.  And spacelegs is something Frontier is working on (and unlike CIG, they've been pretty good about delivering that sort of content regularly).  What happens when it's added and ED has everything SC has + a whole actual game?

its important for muh immersion, like it or not it is a MAJOR selling point of SC (and Hellion).

I hope ED adds it too but hopefully it wont end up like their implementation of procedural planets, with very little gameplay depth and little stuff to do

which is actually a problem with Elite Dangerous in general

Elite is not a bad game at all but it is not some kind of a shining gem either

Actually this whole space sim renaissance has yet to deliver a game that could be considered above average. Even when it comes to Hellion alpha, as much as I love the concept, I expect it to suffer from serious lack of content.

I remain positive though, between SC working on 3.0, ED slowly but surely moving towards space legs, and now Hellion, we may yet get something actually good to play in time.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:31:01 pm by 666maslo666 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I hope ED adds it too but hopefully it wont end up like their implementation of procedural planets, with very little gameplay depth and little stuff to do

You keep saying that as if SC isn't going to have this exact issue as well.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Elite is not a bad game at all but it is not some kind of a shining gem either

The point being raised is that Star Citizen still isn't a game.  All that's been delivered under the Star Citizen brand is a tech demo for CryEngine (or Lumberjack or whatever they're calling it these days) that's all full of bugs.

I really would like a game about walking around your spaceship, but that game looks fundamentally different from E:D or SC and probably doesn't have a big emphasis on space dogfighting. Turns out games can only do so many things at once before the mechanics start to clash and make each other less fun!
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Mace Griffin did it all years ago.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

So?
I want to fly spaceships, not play an ordinary fps.

Tie Fighter didn't have space legs and it's still one of the best spacesims EVER.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Admiral Petrarch still hasn't found out that I was the one pissing on the door to his quarters.  That's what you get, if you put me on the early morning CAP.