Author Topic: TrinusVR  (Read 1590 times)

HI All,

I recently played a game on a friends PS VR and could not help but think how awesome of an experience that would be with FSO. I started looking and am pretty well priced out of all VR currently except for the smartphone with trinusVR. I have tried to set it up but have not had the time lately so I wanted to reach out and see if anyone on here has tried FSO with trinusVR? If so what was your experience and how difficult was it to setup?

Thansk!

Um, FSO doesn't run on smartphones.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Um, FSO doesn't run on smartphones.

Trinus VR is a way to cast your PC to a smartphone for VR using a cheap headeset like cardboard. https://www.trinusvirtualreality.com/

Well, regardless of method, VR/3D display is not supported by FSO. The rendering pipeline simply is not there. Moreover, it's likely not going to be there any time soon. VR/3D display solutions are, as you have noted in your OP, expensive. So since there is so little accessibility, coupled with there being myriad other things with much higher priority for the SCP, unless someone who can afford the equipment and wants to code for FSO gets a real bee in his or her bonnet to make it happen, we will not be seeing VR/3D display out of FSO any time soon. But you don't have to take my word for it. Source Code Project members will tell you the same.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
May I direct you to how this matter (and FS & VR in general) has been discussed in here, for further reading.
It's literally less than 10 threads down with an obvious title and trinius was already mentioned.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

May I direct you to how this matter (and FS & VR in general) has been discussed in here, for further reading.
It's literally less than 10 threads down with an obvious title and trinius was already mentioned.

Thanks for pointing that out!

So i went ahead and tried anyway using Trinus and my smart phone and a cheap headset with manual focal adjustments from amazon and I have to say, it was pretty nead! There were some play ability issues and you have to run in windowed mode. There were some things that didn't look great but all in all it was pretty cool to shoot out the tube in 3d! I am going to keep playing around with the settings in hopes to get something that looks better and is playable and if I do I will update this thread for others that are looking into this.

Offline Mpez

Did you get trackIR emulation working with trinus (meaning you could fly normally by using joystick/keyboard, but you could use your phone to look around) or did you just bind your phone to be the mouse? Anyway, looking forward to your settings :)