Author Topic: Bug Report Thread.  (Read 45211 times)

Offline Lucas4

Bullseye69mech, on the Volstand mission that crashes, I found the same thing. The crash happens whenever you try to enter the Training area that is South of the record hall/ and west of the salvage base. I tried moving mechs in there and it crashes, I tried sending in a scout, but it went to close to the training area, and boom  a game crash.  A trick/work around I found was that if you want to capture any of the mechs that are at the crash site, you need to go to the salvage yard.  Move all the way down to the coast line then have your mechs move in a column formation, and stay as close to the water as possible and stay well south of the training area. Then you just jump your mechs over , and take out/capture the enemy there.  Then just reverse your course on the way back, and stay out of the training area. Once your at the salvage yard, you can move up to the HQ area normally. I just leave that one training area alone, after all it's a secondary objective, not a primary.

Bullseye69mech, about the butler one: look on the map in the middle(little lower) far right for a 3.
I went to the dropship as well and cheat jumped all over the map before I looked more and saw that 3 nearly invisible on the map(snow map + objective numbers = bad without an outline)

Offline ApheX

I've downloaded this game and i must say i'm impressed with the whole thing so far.

There is one problem i would like to fix though. when i start playing a mission, i cannot get the resolution any higher than 1024by786.

I can't seem to find any widescreen support on the main options menu and when i try to put it up to 1280by1024, it will not do it and continues to run at 1024by786.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Offline magic

The game will try to run in your desktop resolution if supported. If not it will run in closest supported resolution.

Changing resolutions is obsolete.

What is your desktop resolution?
All this is new and in testing, please try different desktop resolutions and see what is going on.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:11:38 am by magic »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
not sure if reported before but I just suffered a ctd.  The error is attached below .

the basic is that i was accepting the purchase of an armour slot and a mid range IS laser during the training/starter mission for the anti pirate campaign that is supplied with MCO

Hope this helps you guys.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline ApheX

The game will try to run in your desktop resolution if supported. If not it will run in closest supported resolution.

Changing resolutions is obsolete.

What is your desktop resolution?
All this is new and in testing, please try different desktop resolutions and see what is going on.

I'm running 1360 by 786. The strange thing is i can't even get 1280 by 1024 to work. On the orginial game is works fine but not this version.

Offline magic

1360x768 will be supported, not just yet. The game will run in 1024x768. If your monitor can support higher resolution try to set higher values and see what is going on. Lowest supported wide resolution for now is 1440x900 (will be 1366x768).

If this is the highest resolution your monitor can support then you cant run the game in 1280x1024.

Offline Peorth

First of all, thanks to the MCO team for reviving this great game! I've been a fan of a MC/MW games for a long time and I'm really grateful to the team.  :D

I'm currently playing the latest campaign released, March to Terra and I've encountered some problems:

1. Kandis mission (destroy relay station)

- The trigger waypoint to end the mission seems to be too small. Although it is advised to do an "immediate evac," I decided to fight all the mechs and finish them off. Because of the high RPs allocated (100k), I decided to salvage a large number of mechs so I could sell them. Unfortunately my large group could not trigger the evac waypoint and I couldn't finish the mission.

- On my second run, I tried to see how many mechs I could salvage and still trigger the evac. Along with my 3 Dire Wolves, I was able to do this with three Highlanders and 1 Atlas but only after moving about a bit to pack the group in the trigger space. It might be possible to add one more mech (smaller?) or even two, but probably not beyond this.

2. Hyner mission (recon Fishing port of Hampston, recon Northwest sector)

- Currently stuck on this one. The first waypoint finishes fine but the second one doesn't trigger at all. After destroying the Bushwacker, Lao Hu, Sha Yu, Atlas, and the 2 LRM carriers, moving to the waypoint or adjacent areas doesn't trigger completion. Same for destroying the HQ vehicle, minelayers, and all the structures there. I tried doing waypoint 1 first before 2 and vice versa but there's no effect.

Picture of Shadow Cat right on top of the waypoint:

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated since I can't proceed beyond this mission.

Note: I'm using the MCO 132 build, just got the MarchToTerraForMCOsetup.exe 3 days ago from the Filesonic link.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:55:22 am by Peorth »

Just an update on a bug report:

What I posted (quote below) still happens with the latest version of the game.   I cannot get any further in the missions because it will always crash me out.   Now, if you need more information, I can provide some.  For instance, it mentions some damage being out of range.   I figured it was associated with the mechs shooting as the crash happened while fighting one time, but subsequent times it has happened, and sometimes before a shot is fired in the game.   

Would it help to have a list of mechs/weapons used at the time? 

Also, in the missions, I do notice something odd in that after I capture a resource building, my resources go from zero to -10,000.   Could the negative numbers have anything to do with the problem?

Let me know if I need to provide more information.    Currently I can't play any of the two campaigns in the game, so I may have to go download one of the new ones!

Thanks for all your work on this!

EDIT:  Oh, while I'm at it, I noticed another small issue that isn't game-breaking or anything like that.   In the pilot selection screen, after clicking on a pilot and then a mech, the stat screens overlap instead of the pilot info disappearing, so I can see the pilot's picture under the mech's picture, and the pilot's skills under the mech's weapons load.

I have another bug to report.   

While playing (again) the MW2 Mercs campaign, I'm getting kicked from the game with this message:

STOP      :  [ASSERT 301]  WeaponShotInfo.init: damage out of range 
Address   : 0x00415FD7
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x14FD7)

Call Stack
==========
0x00476B93 MCOREL! (+0x75B93)               
0x0058131B MCOREL! (+0x18031B)             
0x0058FFB4 MCOREL! (+0x18EFB4)             
0x005900AE MCOREL! (+0x18F0AE)             
0x0058FC0D MCOREL! (+0x18EC0D)             
0x00590194 MCOREL! (+0x18F194)

This is during the Prosperina section, mission two - taking out the assault lance and protecting the artillery.   So far it's happened twice in the same mission.  The first time I had finished and was almost do the extraction point when it occurred.  I tried again, completed my objectives and was just starting on my way to the extraction point and the same thing happened.  Reloading about three more times didn't help.  It would keep happening at the exact same time.

Offline Peorth

As an addenum, I wonder if the problem with the Hyner mission is related to the old error. I was doing a bit of Googling and came across this:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/mechcommander/patches.htm

It seems to be Mechlab's site and has a fix for the Hyner mission, though it doesn't mention what it specifically fixes.

First of all, I who’d like to thank Magic for creating this great mod. I’ve bin a fan of mc2 for years
and even back then I enjoyed playing the game. Now whit the help of this mod the game haze become much more
challenging and fun. That sad it is time to get down to business.

I’m currently playing the improved Carver 5 campaign with version 141 and have encountered 2 bugs.

No.1 is that when using a Shootist it arrives already damaged on a map.

No.2 happens in Mission 6A: Defensive Counter: Base Aries, during the first attack wave. Around the time when the
first enemy Mech (Sha-Yus I think) reaches the area whit the Fuel Tanks and the 2 resource trucks the game crashes
whit the following message:

EXCEPTION : Attempt to write to address 0x00000004 in MCOREL! (+0x163461)
Address   : 0x00564461
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x163461)

Call Stack
==========
0x0042F0BF MCOREL! (+0x2E0BF)
0x0044B74B MCOREL! (+0x4A74B)
0x0047F140 MCOREL! (+0x7E140)
0x004037C1 MCOREL! (+0x27C1)
0x005A99E4 MCOREL! (+0x1A89E4)

And yes, I know my grammar is bad. I never did manage to learn how to write properly in English.

Offline Peorth

For the Hyner mission, turns out the trigger is far north of the waypoint. Also, if you kill the mechs you're supposed to just recon at waypoint 2, the extraction waypoint won't trigger.

Regarding crashes, I've learned to live with them. The Volstand campaign was particularly bad for me, and I though I wouldn't finish it because of the frequent crashes. The bad thing was that the crashes would occur in the transition from finishing the mission to the salvage/pilot summary list. The recurrent error would be "STOP: Attempted to free invalid memory, or memory corrupted before block at address 0xbb61f68." The crashes were more frequent in the later missions and I had to reload the Quicksave many times until a crash didn't occur. It seemed the crashes were worse the more mechs I salvaged. Sometimes I would intentionally destroy a mech or two that I salvaged and the crash wouldn't occur. Also, many times simply reloading the Quicksave would cause MCO to crash.

I believe the cause of the frequent crashes has to do with the way the campaign is configured/written. As proof of this I just finished the March to Terra campaign and not once did I have a crash in the said transition, nor during reloading of the Quicksave. For this and the Wolf's Dragoons campaign the occasional crashes were random and not reproducible, unlike that of Volstand in which I grew tired of seeing the same error screen over and over:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:09:19 pm by Peorth »

Offline ApheX

I have another bug to report.   

While playing (again) the MW2 Mercs campaign, I'm getting kicked from the game with this message:

Address   : 0x00415FD7
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x14FD7)

Call Stack
==========
0x00476B93 MCOREL! (+0x75B93)               
0x0058131B MCOREL! (+0x18031B)             
0x0058FFB4 MCOREL! (+0x18EFB4)             
0x005900AE MCOREL! (+0x18F0AE)             
0x00590194 MCOREL! (+0x18F194)

This is during the Prosperina section, mission two - taking out the assault lance and protecting the artillery.   So far it's happened twice in the same mission.  The first time I had finished and was almost do the extraction point when it occurred.  I tried again, completed my objectives and was just starting on my way to the extraction point and the same thing happened.  Reloading about three more times didn't help.  It would keep happening at the exact same time.

I'm now also getting this same problem as Sir Carnifex on the MW2 Mercs campaign (Prosperina Setion - mission two). Please help, i've been really enjoying the game so far and would like to finish it.

Offline Patriot

Was playing Mercenary's Star, when on the mission with the airfield raid(destroy aircraft, tower, capture trucks and bang out)

When suddenly i get this

EXCEPTION : Attempt to read from address 0x101E529C in MCOREL! (+0x125940)
Address   : 0x00526940
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x125940)

a Sha Yu just got cored when this happened, if it helps, as did the enemy put down 1 airstrike on their own Anubis before that

Offline lowenz

Facility Assault mission:

STOP      :  [ASSERT 0] FUDGE
Address   : 0x00414D7F
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x13D7F)

Call Stack
==========
0x004152C8 MCOREL! (+0x142C8)               
0x004152F0 MCOREL! (+0x142F0)               
0x0041580C MCOREL! (+0x1480C)               
0x004300A0 MCOREL! (+0x2F0A0)               
0x0044B74B MCOREL! (+0x4A74B)               
0x0047F140 MCOREL! (+0x7E140)               
0x004037C1 MCOREL! (+0x27C1)               
0x005A99E4 MCOREL! (+0x1A89E4)             

Processor Registers EAX=0x00000000 EBX=0x00000000 ECX=0x00000000 EDX=0x00000000 Flags=0x00000000
=================== ESI=0x00000000 EDI=0x00000000 EBP=0x0018DD54 ESP=0x0018D804   EIP=0x00414D7F
EIP (0x00414D7F) 8B 06 80 7C 38 08 00 0F 85 B5 00 00 00 0F B7 9C 47 A6 00 00 00 81 FB FF FF 00 00 0F 9C C2 68 E8
ESP (0x0018D804) 0018D844 09DE1BD4 0C488640 15D9C930 00000014 757B0C48 9944C473 00000001
                 0018D8C4 0018DD64 00000200 0000002B 180F4A90 00000100 0000001F 17FE1BA8
                 00010000 000003D8 185E3EA0 00000144 752ACEFD 00000002 0CA77CD0 FFFFFA97

Offline magic

Thank you all for the error reports.

I found a bug investigating Base Aries crushes:
- invalid normal (crush in base aries mission and possibly more missions. Function with two arguments with the second argument defaulted to NULL if omitted. At one place in the function value is assigned to second argument without checking its existence.)

It is fixed in MCO 143 (released).

EDIT: Shootist fixed for the next release.

EDIT2:

means you have a weapon that has 301 damage (range is 0-255), will see.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:54:43 am by magic »

Offline ApheX

means you have a weapon that has 301 damage (range is 0-255), will see.

Ok, i tried limiting the heavier weapons on the mechs i use, however i'm still getting the same issue. The game crashes just as i'm getting the the extraction point. All enemy mechs had be destroyed before i even start moving to the extraction point so i'm confused why this error would continute. Any thoughts?

Offline magic

Is this happening in MCo 143?

This is prosperina mission 2 (kill Varus)?
I tried it twice as solo and twice in campaign, it always finish OK?

I will soon post new version with over 50 problems fixed in MCO code.

Offline Peorth

Dunno if this is a bug or not but I can't get past the Exodus campaign mission titled "Family Affair." As described in the mission briefing, a friendly force comes from the northeast and the Bushwacker captures the base defenses. After doing this, the Bushwacker and vehicles cluster together. Immediately south of there is an enemy fortification with LRMs. These LRMs keep pounding the vehicles and Bushwacker, who are just sitting pretty and taking all the punishment! Sometimes the cargo truck waltzes in and it only takes two volleys of LRMs to wipe it out and end the mission.  Meanwhile, my mechs (even the 86 kph ones) are nowhere close enough to save the idiots. From what I understand in the mission briefing, they're supposed to sit still until the two turret controls are captured or destroyed, but even if I do either of this, the continuous LRM fire makes short work of the group I'm supposed to save. Is this part of the mission design?

If it is, can anyone help me get past this mission? I've run it so many times already but the timing seems impossible, especially with the LRM turrets continuously firing on the friendly group I'm supposed to save, who are just contented in getting pounded to death by the LRMs!  :banghead:

Offline magic

The bushy should capture all turret controls in the base...

Will check.