Author Topic: MCO version 304  (Read 59259 times)

Offline magic

Cowboy when I made weapon ranges, I made it quick without much thought about balance (did not have time).

Clan LRMs have range 500 and can fire without LOS (just sensor contact).
Clan Large ER Laser has max range 470,
Clan ER PPC 440.
Lasers and PPCs cant fire without LOS.

The question is: Should I increase LOS, it is something 300+, can go above 400 for high ground?

Offline cowboy

what are the #'s in?

Give me a scale and I'll convert all the Table Top ranges to that scale. I can do it in Excel if it makes it easier for you, that way I can attach it to a post.

Edit: I'll do the same with damage, since that scale is easy to convert- 400/307= damage scale, unless we want to keep damage scaled to ~1/3 of Table top values, in which case I can keep it that way too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:26:40 pm by cowboy »

Offline Patriot

Did i read that right, AMMO BINS?

Downloading right now, takes a while though, silly rapidshare not so rapid at all xD

Offline Zarax

Range should be around 35-45% of tabletop as the engine was not designed with such distances in mind.
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline dtwn

Slightly related to range questions. Since the range on weapons has been substantially increased, were the pilot range skills also adjusted despite the in-game text?

Offline magic

Slightly related to range questions. Since the range on weapons has been substantially increased, were the pilot range skills also adjusted despite the in-game text?

Yes.

Offline cowboy

Where would I find the weapon range file so that I can get down to editing it?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Object folder, the file "compbas.csv", the last two values defines min and max range of each weapon. Be sure to edit in notepad only, these csv, or better said the engine, are picky about it.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline cowboy

Notepad++ ok?

Offline Karl

Offline Zarax

If you find the links down for any reason you can get MCO 240 at www.wmwiki.com/hosted/mco
The Best is Yet to Come

I downloaded MCO 240 and have been playing, thanks for all the work on this!  I was playing the exodus campaign, and I noticed that if an enemy mech has ecm, the ecm bubble continues to function even after you disable/destroy the mech that had the ecm ( i do not think I have gotten the mech with ecm  to blow its fusion reactor despite my best efforts, so it is sitting there still salvageable on the field).  I verified this across multiple missions.  I would think if you shoot the mech down the ecm should cease to function (electronics would no longer work till it was salvaged).  Is there a way to fix this?  Also, I agree with those other posts about LRM's being too accurate without LOS and longer distance compared to ERPPC's, will this be updated, or should we go in and manually tweak the min max range values ouselves?  Thanks! :D

Suggestions:
-Ability to load the Quick Save from the menu.  & Load choice of recent Quick Saves. 
-Additional Info displayed in mech menu: Max Heat, Slots, Max Armor, Max Open Slots with Max Armor. 
-Ability to view and compare mechs from mech selection & Purchase menu; without entering Modify menu.
TY

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:05:53 am by MetalTheory »

Suggestions:
-Ability to choose pilot when salvaging mech during mission.
-In Carver V_Magic, Pilot roster is very small.  (From ~16 to ~6).  Suggest ability to choose your 6 starting pilots from the original roster.  For variety and stats.
 :yes:

Suggestions 3:
1. I need a 'Hold Fire' button. 
2. I wish I could control turrets.  Tell them when to hold fire and not steal my kills.   :yes2:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:05:12 am by MetalTheory »

The addition of Sensor and Jump stats. 
Overall, I like the growth; but...  It works in theory, but in practice, it's just 2 more stats to grind during/at end of missions.  Monotonously repeating waypoints to grind skill.  It would be okay if it took less to gain the 3 points per mission maximum.  As it is, I'm running & jumping 62 waypoints per pilot, every mission; just to be sure.
I'm going to do my jumps, anyway; just save me the time and make 3 jumps = 1 pt.  Sensor contacts too.  It just needs a little tweaking.
It would be helpful if the skill point gains were explained clearly in the version notes.  TY.

I really enjoy the premise behind the project.  Just noticing quite a bit of bugginess / crashing.  This is particularly bad with the campaigns such as Day of Heroes and others.  Getting a lot of "attempt to read" errors, etc.  Did a fresh reinstall of MCO and Day of Heroes for MCO, and can't even get past the first mission.  Do not have any other campaigns isntalled beyond the base ones in MCO.  Kill the first Bushwhacker no problem, but seems like when I kill the Enfield MCO crashes. :banghead:

Apart from the MC2 mercs, which I stopped at Solaris on (sorry, but MW4 mercs has MC Solaris beat), haven't made too much progress on the campaigns.  Lots and lots of crashing issues. 

Also, had problems with Mercenary's Star.  The extraction points seem rather ... challenging to hit.  Took forever to find the "sweet spot" for extraction on the Regis City airport mission.  The supply base mission was even more difficult to find the extraction spot on.  I cleared all mech opposition (ambushed the ambushers in small groups) and salvaged a full collection of 'mechs.  Went to the extraction spot, the marker vanished, and I never could find the "sweet spot."  Was starting to wonder if I "broke" the mission by killing all the ambushers.  Needless to say, that takes a lot of the fun out of the game, if you can't find the magic microspace to fit a dozen or so 'mechs into.

For some reason, the Carver V campaign doesn't seem to save between missions.  Exited MCO without doing a quick save, and discovered no between mission saves for the "original" Carver V campaign for MCO. 

I do hope that eventually, it will be possible to buy more than 1 item at a time.  While I did have some issues with MC2 allowing you to turn IS battlemechs into omnimechs, it would be nice to be able to purchase more than 1 PPC per mission, or things like that.  I can't imagine trying to collect enough Light AC's to make a Bane/Kraken Prime, though I do recognize that the MC2/MCO LAC is basically an AC5.  Going through Day of Heroes about 3/4 of the way, I don't recall ever seeing the option to buy even an IS LRM20 launcher; most times it was 1 LRM rack, 1 SRM pack type stuff.  Don't get me wrong, I like challenges, but yikes.  What drew me to the mod was the potential for more equipment options and 'mech choices.  While there are many more types of mechs, the customization seems to be much more difficult.

Don't get me wrong.  Really interesting concept.  Just wish the current version was a bit more stable.

Offline Echelon9

Tris-DSF, efforts are being made to improve the testing infrastructure around MCO's codebase.
Intention is for this to lead to less crashy releases in future.

Any reproduceable reports you can provide are much appreciated (your comments above help already).

Which mech can be repaired new? This means it has an error in CSV file.

Black Jack, Exodus C01M01 Pirate Base - exaple

Best regards

ulric