Author Topic: Problems in MCO, have these been adressed?  (Read 2129 times)

Problems in MCO, have these been adressed?
First, I would point out that I love the "Derivative Work, not a Mod" that the team has put together.  It's such an improvement over the final build released by Microsoft.  This being said, I have two different installs of MCO, Vers. 276 and 303.  this allows me to compare and determine if the bugs I see are Mission related or MCO related.

1) I  had to install 276 due to a persisitent and regular bug where the Mechs in the purchase file either never appear or can disappear.   Often this appears to be triggered by a "Load" of a saved game performed not at the beginning of the game, i.e. right after boot.  276 does not appear to have this problem.

2) persistent bug, deleting a saved mech configuration, or reusing the same name with a mech in the purchase list (example, stripping mechs and renaming stripped mechs, then selling) leads to crash to desktop.  this problem is persistent and is in every version including 'Microsoft Final Build (2006)'.  any possible solution.

3)  Carver V Mission 6  has a tendency to hang with no completion.  dates back to at least Final Release.  Solution: change the hidden test of kill 30 enemies to either 28 or 29.  This fixes this problem (tested).

4) vers 303.  "STOP: another program is preventing use of full screen mode." upon initiation.  Does not occur in 276.  ignoring this by using the CONTINUE button and clicking on the middle page icon (for full sreen), takes the game into true full screen (not windowed) mode.  I play in full screen as the bottom button bar in windows 8 causes problems in gameplay. 

5) Day of Heroes mission 3, Multiple and many CTD probably mission related.  have had to quick-save every few minutes to get through the mission, recovering about 6-10 CTD's to get through.  Worst failure rate I have seen in any mission under MCO.  What in the mission might be triggering this?

6) (question)  Exodus Mission 3.  Is the ambulance inside the walls intentionally or accidentally misplaced.  Mission seem impossible to complete even when using a Firemoth ( Fastest mech possible ) to get to the base to start exodus.  Have found that relocating this ambulance to it's original position paralell to the second one makes it possible to complete IF YOU RUN LIKE HECK and get out ASAP.

7) Exodus Final mission.  Always ends a "failure" when last member of convoy reaches the extraction point.  lost no members of convoy.  If there is a test for killing all enemies then there should be wait, not a failure, please confirm.

8) V303 left upper corner sometimes has an overlay from the starting screen for several pixels, blocking view of the number of weapons present in the info screen.  Occurs in multiple missions, while in others it is not seen.

9) v276 and v303: minimap in upper right corner partially obscured by control buttons.  Can this be moved further to the left to avoid this?

I am still most impressed as MCO seem much more of a derivative work than MC2X (which feels like a simple mod).  I love the open arcitecture  of the mission and campaign files (Source format) over the compressed format used by MC2X.  and the return to MC1 format is wonderful under wide screen. 

FInally, is there any way to get ahold of 344 ( Beta or Alpha) ??

Offline magic

Re: Problems in MCO, have these been adressed?
Kris,

thank you for playing.

1) I have changed mech purchasing too many times. It is changed after 304 and I think that problem is fixed.

2) I did not have time to test, I think it is not fixed with latest changes.

3) Will see, I never had this problem before.

4) Never had this in win7...?

5) will see what is the problem...

6) Ambulance is there to force you to salvage that Hunchback... You may decide not to do that and save your salvage for clan mech...

7) Exodus final mission? Final mission is to take starport from clan wolf, there is no convoy? Do you mean mission when you extract your vehicles from the ex pirate (clan held) world, where you return with the Kit Fox (Nuke)?

8) Possible, I dont have win8, cant test...

9) Its OK under win7. What is your resolution? Buttons and other  mission related screens are resolution independent and are positioned per screen edges...

It is not 344 any more, its 367+. I cant release it because I started many changes in pilot specialty skills (missile, energy and ballistic - all old skills removed), I added one new "pilot hire screen",  started adding new mech affinity skills (light, medium, heavy, assault). It is all connected and unfinished. When I finish this I will release new version, probably around 400 :lol:.