Author Topic: Release: 3.7.4 RC2  (Read 9648 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
We probably need to remove RC1 from the installer and replace it with RC2 - who has access to this file again?
http://scp.indiegames.us/scp_files.txt
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I have changed it so that RC2 is now on the installer for Windows and Linux. I will need help generating the necessary hash codes for the MacOS and FreeBSD builds (MacOS requires a whole bunch of them, and the FreeBSD builds are currently inaccessible).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
They are already generated, should be on all the servers alongside the builds, I just keep forgetting that step during deployment.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Silly question: When I am compiling this from source on a linux box, where does the compiled executable end up being put? I know where to look when compiling from source on Windows, but the location is eluding me in Linux.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline m!m

The binaries are in the code directory. You can also run autogen.sh with --prefix=<path to FSO> and then use make install to copy the executables to your FSO folder once everything has been compiled. The binaries will be put into a bin folder inside your FSO folder so keep that in mind if you want to run the executables from the terminal.

Huh. I could have sworn I looked in the code folder. I must have overlooked it. Thanks.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline eicca

@AdmiralRalwood
Thanks for the clear-up!

There are actually a couple of other (somewhat longstanding) bugs that I'm trying to reproduce with RC2, but one of them is actually presented in a mission that is now blocked because of this "filename" check. So is there a possibility for a RC3 before final release?

The bug is related to in-game event where player is using joystick and is suddenly denied of any input --> ship starts turning around slowly instead of staying still like it was supposed to in older FSO builds. I will try to get a more specific description and examples when I get a chance. (note that the joystick is perfectly calibrated in this case and doesn't make any twitch movements on its own)

Another potential bug that comes to my mind is how the optional framebuffer shockwaves react with FS1 explosions. Unlike with FS2 explosions which seem to work nicely, the FS1 era shockwave explosions can cause microlag and nasty looking square shaped distortions. Even the background nebulas can get 2 second long color changes, which never happens with FS2 shockwaves.

I will try to remember all the other oddities as well that I have encountered and post them here in the following days.  ;7

I've seen both of these bugs happen. My friend's joystick always craps out when we play multiplayer. And the shockwave nasties happen with both FS1 and FS2 for me. I posted a separate thread about it, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen it.