Author Topic: Pilot Damage  (Read 2179 times)

Hey I'm new here and just downloaded the game and played a few missions on Carver V campaign and its great but I have a few questions to ask:

1: How do i see how badly my pilot is damaged because I can't tell how bad it is?

2: I noticed the old MCG pilots are in this because I see the files, but do they unlock in the Carver V campaign or is it only other ones?

3: Is there a way to fix the pilot videos because since I bought this game when it came out and throughout all installations, the pilot videos show up but it is just a still image and not a video.  What is up with that?

Ohh and one more thing, is there a list of all the major changes of gameplay from vanilla and not just the diffences from the previous patches?

How do I see how badly my pilot is damaged because I can't tell how bad it is?
For pilots I'm not 100% sure, but the Mech has a health bar in the images at the bottom. Also has a blue>grey body part indicator and you can select a Mech and press "i" or open the info tab to get a better look at the damage

I noticed the old MCG pilots are in this because I see the files, but do they unlock in the Carver V campaign or is it only other ones?
Not in the Carver V campaign I believe, but they are in other missions..

Is there a way to fix the pilot videos because since I bought this game when it came out and throughout all installations, the pilot videos show up but it is just a still image and not a video.  What is up with that?
Not a clue, I think the videos are broken, can't say I ever noticed

Is there a list of all the major changes of game play from vanilla and not just the differences from the previous patches?
There is a plain text file in the main install folder called "version.txt" .... this shows all the major changes to the stock MC2 from MCO ver 0.030 (28012011) to the current version. This file in its entirety is all the changes made, there is no "bullet-point shortlist"....

Hope those answers were helpful ....

Offline magic

Thank you for playing MCO.

File versions.txt has all changes since 28012011. There were around 100 changes before, I lost the list with HDD failure.
Fortunately The list is the only thing I lost, thats why I keep it in the release.
I will try to recall all changes before and make new list of all changes, I need it too.

1. Pilot damage is included in overall unit damage. I planned to make new bar for pilot health... (too many things to do.)

2. No there are no MCG pilots in Carver 5 campaign, I thought it was not right to replace MC2 pilots in CV or to add MCG pilots. You can do that yourself by editing purchase files.
Install Carver V campaign and edit (I think) purchase01 through purchase24.FIT.

3. Code segments for Bink videos are removed from shared source release by microsoft for legal reasons.
Can be replaced with some other videos if someone has the time and skill to do that. I simply dont have time.

Offline magic

Just finished condensed list of all changes and it on 22 A4 pages!

thanks for all the answers it helps a lot.  I look forward to completing the campaigns I have.  Pilot health bar I feel is necessary because i cant tell whether or not it is safe to eject a pilot and I lost one because of that :(  Ohh well still a real great change to the game.

1. Pilot damage is included in overall unit damage. I planned to make new bar for pilot health... (too many things to do.)

Funny you should mention that, there will be a bar for it on the new unit display I sent you. Need to know the scale though, is it 100-0?