Author Topic: Quick question about effects folder  (Read 1939 times)

Offline sfried

Quick question about effects folder
Have there been any fixes that involved putting files in the FreeSpace2\data\effects folder for 3.6.12RC2? Have these been VP's or simply added to the mediaVPs flder instead?

The real reason is because I plan on uninstalling the SPC project on this other machine I have, and I'm not sure if the Freespace2\data\ folders should be clear save for the missions and players folder.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Quick question about effects folder
Yes, the shader files may be found there.

But why are you getting rid of the SCP?  :(
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline sfried

Re: Quick question about effects folder
Yes, the shader files may be found there.

But why are you getting rid of the SCP?  :(

I already have a better machine for playing SPC on. This other computer I'm uninstalling it from is 6 years old and has been around with me from 2004. It's doesn't even support the Shader Model for normal mapping.

I'm trying to free it some space and the SPC stuff is a memory hog. Yeah, I know it has only 60GB of space but I don't blame it for the amount of oomph it gave me. (And yes, I've considered upgrading, but considering the kind of hard drive it needs is now hard to find/2.5" IDE and the price I've spent maintaining...well, just take a look at how long I've kept it, I'd think I'm better off with the new PC I use.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:19:57 pm by sfried »