Author Topic: Derelict Issue after "Hail Mary" mission  (Read 1155 times)

Offline sunnyB

Derelict Issue after "Hail Mary" mission
Okay i finally get Derelict too work.

However,
when i go into mod.ini to change "mediavps" to "mediavps_2014", the game bugs out on me.
It works fine with just "mediavps"

****UPDATE^^^

I tried playing without the Mediavps2014 but ran into a problem after the "Hail Mary" mission.

The mod gives me an error saying:
"The campaign is trying to play Derelict but the mod says Derelict Mediavps_2014 (or just blank or 3612 depending on what i put in the mod.ini)

How do i fix that issue?

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:40:38 pm by sunnyB »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: Derelict not working with Mediavps_2014
You are using the old derelict release it is not designed to be used with the mediavps-2014 or a new FSOpen release.  If you want to play the old version you will have to play it with the old mediavps.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CT27

Have you tried using SF-Junky's Derelict 3.7?

Offline sunnyB

You are using the old derelict release it is not designed to be used with the mediavps-2014 or a new FSOpen release.  If you want to play the old version you will have to play it with the old mediavps.

I used the FSO installer that installed all of the recent builds (3.7.1 and 3.7.2 RC3) with all the other Mods installed automatically for me that is found on hardlight at:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=87537.0

Have you tried using SF-Junky's Derelict 3.7?

Where can i find SF-Junky's Derelict 3.7?

Also:
I tried playing without the Mediavps2014 but ran into a problem after the "Hail Mary" mission.

The mod gives me an error saying:
"The campaign is trying to play Derelict but the mod says Derelict Mediavps_2014 (or just blank or 3612 depending on what i put in the mod.ini)

How do i fix that issue?