Author Topic: SC Raguel WIP  (Read 27852 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I have an idea for Iblis. I imagined it as a more slender and Ravana-like version of classic Iblis, with 4 SAA beams on smaller spikes, but I'm not going to model it right now. If I ever remodel it, it will be complete overhaul with unsymetrical pipes and other Ravana-like stuff as well.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
This SD Iblis you are talking about will soon be one (if not many) of my focus for my next hi-poly modelling. This thread is only about the SC Raguel cruiser, which is one of many old Shivan models needing HTL'd right now.

Betrayal, any update of my renovation of the SC Raguel? Once you've finished, do some UV-wrapping of the model. As for the textures, I plan not to use any of the textures from the FreeSpace Upgrade Tilemap package. Instead, I will do something like those HTL models of Rga_Noris used by the MediaVPs (I will do the same once Lepanto sent me the SFg Geryon model). Once this is done, I plan to do the tabling, with all of the destroyable subsystems.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Main shape of the cruiser will be completly remodeled and it's partialy done. The tail, arms and a few more things are the same. I have nothing to show, there is still too much mess in the model. As for the textures, I will do them the same way as the Scylla is done.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
Little dirty insect. Looks good.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Okay, it's time for some update.

SC Raguel - WIP (View in 3D)

Main shape is not even finished. I had to model main part from scratch as I could not find a way to clean heometry like this. I'm trying to figure out, how Bryan See modelled something like this :P. Sculpting or what?! Heh... Nevermind. Most of original Bryan See's details will be remodelled. I want to have similar result to oroginal model by Bryan See. Arms will remain the same, tail will be cleaned up and partialy remodelled. Everything will be detailed. In the spinal "eye" of the ship, I will make unsymmetrical structure connected to the arms - probably one of the subsystems.

Edit: Main shape is finished. Finally...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:11:05 am by Betrayal »

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Good work, Betrayal. Keep it up. I hope I can do the turrets, and perhaps texturing (that includes height maps possibly) and conversion to POF to get it in-game :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Let me do texturing and conversion. You can do new turrets. I want to texture this, because I need it in similar texture scheme to Scylla... Which is not that bad I suppose :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:58:46 pm by Betrayal »

Offline starlord

Funny: it looks like the abel now...

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I've made the beam turrets for the Raguel. Here it is.

Blend file coming soon!

EDIT: This is for the user-made Terran ships I'm gonna make once I finished up with the Sariel (and my Raguel, as well as the Ammit and Geryon).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:11:50 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Looks cool, but it's still pretty terran. Raguel have it's beams on spinal spikes. I have already made proper spikes for that purpose. I'm going to keep 3 SReds spinal configutation.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Then, I just have to keep this turret to myself, Betrayal. Carry it on, but I want the three arms (my creation) to be destroyable, causing the arm to break apart from the model when destroyed.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Then, I just have to keep this turret to myself, Betrayal. Carry it on, but I want the three arms (my creation) to be destroyable, causing the arm to break apart from the model when destroyed.

For being your creation, those arms are an awful lot like the Cain/Lilith HTL arms. Like, almost vertex-for-vertex identical in places.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Those arms actually are Cain/Lilith arms. Parts of them I think. You may notice that every arm is divided in the middle. Parts with spike are original c914 arms from Lilith/Cain, but a connections to main hull are Bryan See's work. C914 would never make such funny geometry.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Those arms actually are Cain/Lilith arms. Parts of them I think. You may notice that every arm is divided in the middle. Parts with spike are original c914 arms from Lilith/Cain, but a connections to main hull are Bryan See's work. C914 would never make such funny geometry.
I did the work of connecting these arms from the HTL Cain, which is not made by me, but C914. Because I wanted the arms to look like the original 2011 dump model. I'd like to make them destroyable, so that these Cain-derived arms will separate from the main model once they are destroyed. In addition to these, I made the two "vents" near the tail. I think these "vents" are VLS torpedo launchers.

By the way, credits in the Raguel page on the wiki had been updated to include the combined efforts of my work. Once the model is finished and released, I'll be happy to put the image of an HTL version in it. :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
By the way, credits in the Raguel page on the wiki had been updated to include the combined efforts of my work. Once the model is finished and released, I'll be happy to put the image of an HTL version in it. :)

Please don't put links to models that are incomplete and WIP on the wiki.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:56:39 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Re to The E: Fine with me. If the model is finished and released to the public, then we'll consider.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

While I will model most of the details myself, I will do some kitabash of details from other models following the tradition of scrapping arms of HTL Cain. Yeah, I'm lazy and have lack of ideas :P. As for the VLS launchers, I plan no things like this. IMHO this is too terran to be implemented here. This one will have original turret setup.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Betrayal, good work. Keep it up, and then you'll release a blend file and a dae file altogether when you finished (that means after releasing the ship to the public).

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I will release fully converted pof with textures, tables and stuff. I can also release dae and blend if someone is interested. For now, I have a little bit more than is uploaded to p3d and soon I will upload another update :)

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I'm interested in both the .dae and .blend file once you release this ship to the public. A few weeks ago I came across plans for adding OpenCollada support to FSO by Quanto, DahBlount and Vaktezraj, which allows better animation support. My Raguel and my Sariel will take advantage of them of course :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template