Author Topic: How to install mods?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Flare

• Steam
How to install mods?
Hi guys, I just got FS2 off steam and installed the FS2 open mod. I'm trying to install the Star Wars original trilogy mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod/downloads/beta-version-4-release but I can't figure out how to install it. In the mod there is a folder called "Star_Wars" and in that folder there are files called "mod.ini", "settings.ini", and a folder called "data". The installation instructions say to just copy the Star_Wars folder into my Freespace 2 root, and then use the Launcher to select the mod. However, when I do that, there is no option to select ANY mods in the launcher. I can't even hit "run" from the launcher. How do I properly install mods?

Thanks,

Flare

EDIT: I figured out how to run it. I had to select the exe in the launcher first, however now I can't launch any of the missions and the UI is the same as the old FS2, non modded. The ship list has all the mod ships, and it plays the mod intro and music, but I can't run any missions from the mod.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:21:57 pm by Flare »

You can play missions in Tech Room.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Yeah, the missions are apparently not actually packaged into a campaign, so they should appear in the tech room's single missions section.