Author Topic: Skybox/skysphere... PS plugin? Or better method :P?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Skybox/skysphere... PS plugin? Or better method :P?
I'm known lover of Watsisname's nebulae and I was recently playing with Apophysis myself. I know he made a tutorial how to make nebulae from fractals, but couldn't find it out. So I tried to recreate his techniques by my own and experiment with blending modes and stuff... And I really like the results :D

An idea quickly grown up: Apophysis-styled skyboxes, instead of standard FRED-placed nebulae. I was looking for Herra's script for PS, but the one I found was incompatible with CS6 or not working at all. Anyone here has working version? Or do you guys know any other way to turn hi-res bitmaps into skybox/skydome?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Skybox/skysphere... PS plugin? Or better method :P?
Umm... here, this uses GIMP, but IIRC it was the latest and greatest as of last year?  (pardon me if it's all wrong, it's all over my head as I've never made skyboxes)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67899.msg1811208#msg1811208

Also, here's a big master list of modding tools that came up when searching for skyboxes (outdated, I think, but you could always search for those tools and find updated versions):

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70249.msg1388428#msg1388428

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Skybox/skysphere... PS plugin? Or better method :P?
GIMP... The only thing that comes to my mind when I hear GIMP is "Oh God, why?"...

But nvm. It may be helpful. I've been through researching various tutorials w/o anything useful, but this may work. I will check it out tomorrow. If it's still working, I will bring ya guys some new, cool skyboxes :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.