Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
General Discussion / Re: Trumpety Nuttery Trumpety Trumps
« Last post by jr2 on March 23, 2017, 02:33:52 am »
I believe this is another pretty neutral interpretation of recent events re: Devin Nunes saying he had concerns about Trump team surveillance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/60wyqr/donald_trump_transition_members_under/dfaccbn/
https://www.reddit.com/user/Slaewchi

Quote from: /u/Slaewchi
This is my attempt at explaining this without any bias.
Nunes had various intelligence community employees, through official and proper clearance channels (not like Snowden or other illegal leakers), approach him after Comey's hearing and give him copies of intelligence reports on Trump and many of the members of his transition team. These were collected and made during the November to January transition period.
Nunes is not revealing who these people are to protect them (the intelligence officials who came forward). This is apparently in response to Nunes asking during Comey's Congressional hearing, that any intelligence official with information on possible "Trump wiretapping" come forward if they have anything (or forever hold your peace).
These are official, primary source, intelligence reports on Trump and his transition team. This would indicate Trump and his transition team had intelligence collected on them from November 2016 to January 2017, but Nunes would not speculate if this had gone on before this time (Nov-Jan). Nunes notes that these monitoring activities look legal. But what troubles him about this is three specific things:

• This intelligence was made into foreign intelligence reports and disseminated throughout the intelligence community (previous Whitehouse, NSA, CIA, FBI, etc.) as official reports. Meaning the intelligence community took the "incidentally collected information (as Nunes puts it)" or however it was collected (unsure at this time) and processed it into something that could be used in the intelligence community. Like taking parts of a car and making it into a car. They didn't just let it sit around.
  • The reports did not apparently present any information on Russia or other possible investigations. They were not part of a criminal investigation. There is no apparent reason why these reports were made and this information was collected. He is unsure why they happened or why they were made into official reports instead of just sitting around like any other of the mass intelligence collecting the NSA/CIA does.
  • When making this collected information into reports, the NSA/CIA (unsure at this time), revealed the names of the people as part of the information. Normally when this type of information is collected, the names of the individuals to whom the intelligence information is connected is kept secret and segregated. Nunes multiple times confirms that multiple Trump transition team members were "unmasked" in these reports. Meaning that this information was collected, organized, and attributed to certain people. This would allow multiple intelligence agencies (because the reports were mass-shared) to catalog and monitor these people, or possibly leak it.
After watching the press conferences over and over again, this is what I have surmised. This is my attempt at unraveling what Nunes shared today.Direct links to the information: https://www.c-span.org/video/?425829-1/devin-nunes-confirms-incidental-surveillance-trump-transition-team https://www.c-span.org/video/?425836-1/devin-nunes-briefs-president-transition-team-surveillance
Edit: Thank you for the gold
DEEPER clarification and summary on Nunes remarks at both press conferences - what I surmised from his remarks later in the day:
The crux of the situation, according to Nunes' remarks, is that while these reports are from collateral intelligence from FISA warrants on other actors ("incidental collection"), that what was done with the "incidental intelligence" is fishy (according to him).
Meaning, while the target was not technically Trump, the people targeted for monitoring (which yielded the intelligence made into reports), did not seem to be related to any significant foreign intelligence importance or related to any investigations or Russian stuff (#2 above). But yet, as soon as these communications were intercepted, reports were quickly created from these "incidental collecting" about Trump and his transition team (he answered a question saying they were made 'fairly quickly' after the intelligence was collected, not sat on). It looks like Nunes, is giving a slight hint that he is concerned a FISA warrant to tap these unimportant targets (in his opinion) might simply have been a conduit to collect data on Trump, as evidenced by the actions immediately after it was collected - reports were made, no apparent need to be made or connection to Russia / investigation, people were unmasked, these unmasked reports were disseminated to the entire intelligence community.
But this is not proven. This is simply what Nunes seems to be implying by his responses to press questions.
"The reason we do this, and the reason we have all these procedures in place, is to protect US citizens who might be incidentally collected. There are certain thresholds that have to be met in order to make a foreign intelligence product. There are things to me that don't reach the level of foreign intelligence value. If that's the case, you have to ask, "Why did this end up in reports?"-Nunes
General Discussion / Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
« Last post by Colonol Dekker on March 23, 2017, 01:25:45 am »
At least we know what he was doing...

In other news, Westminster attacked.
General Discussion / Re: Trumpety Nuttery Trumpety Trumps
« Last post by 666maslo666 on March 23, 2017, 01:14:09 am »
As an example, the US not having universal healthcare puts it's politics to the right of everyone coloured nation on this map.

As a whole you are of course correct, but Id like to point out that left-right spectrum is just a simplification and this situation is reversed when it comes for example, to immigration. Thats an area where US is narrowly on the left and even policies that are common elsewhere and usually considered centrist (border control that actually works, illegals not being broadly tolerated, mandatory universal IDs, no birthright citizenship) are viewed as right wing of the right wing party in the US.
Just Another Day / Re: Just Another Day: Just Another Discussion Thread
« Last post by CT27 on March 22, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »
I was able to get a B at one point but that's the best I got.

Thanks for your help and looking into it.
« Last post by Axem on March 22, 2017, 10:49:12 pm »
That is very strange. I will take a look at the mission tomorrow and see what might be wrong.
« Last post by CT27 on March 22, 2017, 10:45:18 pm »
How long are you cooking it for? Be sure the texture reaches a golden brown before turning the engines off. There is a secret sweet spot within that golden brown region that will get you a potential S-Rank cake.

I had stopped it when it said golden brown.  I've done that a number of times but still can't seem to get a good rating (even with good ranking ingredients).
Gaming Discussion / Re: HLPXCOM: Long War - Guess what, I'm going to finish this
« Last post by deathfun on March 22, 2017, 10:39:48 pm »

Well, the more they ask us for stuff, the easier it is for them to resist the aliens so I guess win-win! Would still prefer outright money though

Phantom Hoover, how does it feel to know that you haven't actually shot anything down recently?
Just please, PLEASE transfer me to Asia! Just for a moment!

Now that, is incredibly useful. We need to get working on those as soon as possible

Jesus they're relentless. Get a team down there, prep them for capture if possible

"Attack of the rookies again?"
"I think there's a plan involved"
"Oh great, Veers is in charge"
"How does that work? Veers is lower ranking than Pena? Hell, Kozlov!"
"ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY AUTHORITY? I WILL EVISCERATE YOU!"
"...That explains it nevermind"

"Jesus they really did a number on the buildings"

"Fan out, cover as much ground as possible"
"Surprisingly not angry"
"I can be normal... occasionally"

"I can't tell, was this all because of the UFO?"
"We are in hostile territory, I don't think we much added to the chaos here"

"Still no sight of anyone"

"We're moving in the right direction however"

"Hold on, think we've got something..."

"MURDERTIME FUNTIME!"

"That's a few drones"
"Easy pickings"

"How DARE you shoot at me!"

"I think that's the last of them"
"Just one final guy it seems"
"We might've come overprepared for this mission"

"That's what YOU GET"
"Remind me never to piss her off"

« Last post by Axem on March 22, 2017, 10:37:34 pm »
How long are you cooking it for? Be sure the texture reaches a golden brown before turning the engines off. There is a secret sweet spot within that golden brown region that will get you a potential S-Rank cake.
« Last post by CT27 on March 22, 2017, 10:34:41 pm »
What's the best rank one can get where Holley has to make a cake in 2.22?  I got all S-rank ingredients but the 'inspectors' said it was like a heap of junk from the Great War.  Any tips?
FS2 Open Modding / Re: RELEASE - The Lost 2_ HUD: Rebuilt! - Updated March 13 2017
« Last post by Axem on March 22, 2017, 10:30:18 pm »
2HUD or Ax2HUD should go in your mediavps 2014 folder. Ax2HUD-FS1 should go in your fsport mediavps folder. Anywhere else and you might not get expected results. Let me know if something appears wrong!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >