Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Nightly Builds / Re: Nightly: 06 December 2017 - Revision 8168099
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on December 11, 2017, 08:09:10 am »
I've got an ATI card with an HD5770 chip.  I'm not sure why this would be happening with the Port and not with the primary FS2+MVP2014.

I see that a new build has been posted, so I'll see what results I get from that.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.1 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by Bryan See on December 11, 2017, 05:32:28 am »
Thanks for that. Until that bug is fixed, I'll stick to this.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by ksotar on December 11, 2017, 04:56:36 am »
I think I remember now, why I never even looked to Apple products.

I can understand almost everything, but not been able to build from other platforms...
Looks like my friends with Macs are going to learn how to build by themselves.
Nightly Builds / Re: Nightly: 06 December 2017 - Revision 8168099
« Last post by m!m on December 11, 2017, 03:15:29 am »
That is not good. I cannot reproduce this issue with Port3.5+PortMVP3.5 so it is possible that this is an issue that is specific to your GPU. Are you using an Nvidia GPU? I'll try this again on Windows later and maybe the bug shows up there but if it doesn't then there might be a big problem since I can't fix a bug I cannot reproduce :sigh:
General Discussion / Re: Net Neutrality
« Last post by -Joshua- on December 11, 2017, 03:03:27 am »
That happened in both the NN threads in politics though :|
« Last post by karajorma on December 11, 2017, 02:59:12 am »
Actually we have two on NN (one political one which will be moved and merged if it becomes political) and one on the subject people who dislike NN attempt to distract people with whenever NN is mentioned.
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: Cutscene Upgrade [RELEASE: EndGame (FS1)]
« Last post by Asteroth on December 11, 2017, 02:45:17 am »
I had assumed that his ship hit something or was hit by something that caused him to jerk and bash his helmet against something. Although I suppose those seats/suits are designed to avoid that kind of thing...
« Last post by -Joshua- on December 11, 2017, 02:09:24 am »
I know local government backroom deals are also largely to blame (your mayor takes a donation from Comcast and suddenly the town is signing an exclusivity agreement that makes it illegal for any other ISP to provide service in your area), so something might have to be done about that, but not sure how.

I was halfway trough that sentence when I just thought "Antitrust laws that ban those sort of agreements", but you make it sound like that is not an option somehow. Thing is in part that I do not think that there is a way where competition can recreate net-neutrality, not now that the infrastructure has advanced to a point where ISPs can throttle connections based on what websites you are visiting to begin with - I can't think of real world examples where there is no net neutrality guaranteed by law somehow. Luis talked about Portugal a bit as he lives there but Portugal is part of the EU and as such bound by laws anyway (eg it should not be taken as an example of "No net neutrality at all").

Also mods? We now have three seperate threads on net neutrality. This is a bit dumb.
« Last post by mjn.mixael on December 11, 2017, 01:12:33 am »
I've always hated the Star Trek method of space combat.. who designs a battle ship with conduits so poorly connected that hull damage literally causes them to explode? What is IN those computer consoles?

I know the original helmet had some damage on it. I thought about adding it to be consistent, but I'm also lazy. The helmet mesh is mirrored, so to add damage that doesn't obviously look mirrored, I have to split up the UV map.. which I suppose I COULD do... It's work... I'll add that to the bottom of the list. We'll see if I get around to it or not.
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on December 11, 2017, 12:29:40 am »
If you're looking to add some more to the scene, you could rough him up a bit.  Assume that during the battle, damage to his fighter caused electrical shorts in the cockpit.  Perhaps bits of exploding console put some scrapes on some of the exposed sections of his face, along with some soot and grime.  Perhaps even some superficial damage to his helmet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10