Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
General Discussion / Re: Wish Herkie423 luck
« Last post by CT27 on August 23, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  He hasn't been on this site in over a month according to his profile (sometimes in the past he's at least been able to come and get a quick post in).

Hopefully he'll get back soon and safe.
Asset Releases / Re: [RELEASE] GTF Hydra aka Strike Ezechiel
« Last post by Nyctaeus on August 23, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »
Hera is next in queue, guys :]
Gaming Discussion / Re: BRIGADOR: A Mech Fears Only One Thing
« Last post by StarSlayer on August 23, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »
Roper with dual Königs and AKP pretty much evaporates everything.
Yes.
Gaming Discussion / Re: BRIGADOR: A Mech Fears Only One Thing
« Last post by Firesteel on August 23, 2017, 01:39:46 pm »
I haven't finished the audio book yet since I have way too much stuff to read/watch/play but from the bit I've listened to it's great. I made a video a while ago that talked a bit about Brigador's story and its huge amount of dark humor. The developers really put their heart into this game and it shows.
I don't know what we're defining as melee takedowns but Halo Reach had assassinations back in 2010 and Titanfall used very similar animation system. There are probably even earlier examples but I'm lazy. Is CR that behind the times that he's only now discovering FPS melee takedowns?
General Discussion / Re: HLP Carl Pictures (64k users beware)
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 23, 2017, 01:32:56 pm »
I didn't.  Watsisname hasn't been active since December 2016, and I guess he doesn't get PM notifications via email.

Hippo is next in line, so I've sent him a PM.  After Hippo, the daisy chain concludes.  Anyone else want to donate towards the HLP Carl fundraiser?  All contributions go directly to the server fund; none of the staff get a cut.
FringeSpace / Re: THQNORDIC Buys Novalogic
« Last post by JGZinv on August 23, 2017, 01:29:26 pm »
Kali I believe died, I haven't been able to get their site to load for a long time and I faintly remember something about them shutting down.
It did work over Kali for a time, as it was a psuedo lobby.

The Gamer's Tunnel there would work for 1v1, but it doesn't seem to have any lobby system.

What we proposed, and did work, and I made a tutorial for on YouTube... was Tunngle, which is a lobby and free.
The problem more or less is that the Novaworld or similar to PSO here, Tachyon had a "netplay" mode that uses TCP/IP, and the LAN mode uses IPX only.
We lost access to the TCP/IP mode because when Novalogic moved server hosts, the IP became too long to hex edit into the exe, and causes tremedous instability.

IPX translated through a wrapper, to a Tunngle, does work... but is progressively worse and ever more laggy for everyone. But it was all we had.

Basically people that did play considered the whole setup process too much for an old game, and multiplayer died there.

Gaming Discussion / Re: Shadow Warrior 2013 free giveaway on Steam
« Last post by StarSlayer on August 23, 2017, 01:29:11 pm »
ditto
General Discussion / Re: ///Total Eclipse 2017 Safety and Information///
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 23, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »
I went to Tennessee and saw the total eclipse.  It was awesome, in the original sense of the word.

Somewhat surreal, too.  The lights went out like God turned down a dimmer switch, and then you're looking at this giant glowing hole in the sky.  A couple planets were visible too.  Not too many stars since we were in a fairly well-populated area and there were lots of city lights around us.  It was more of a very dim twilight than full darkness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >