Author Topic: Vasudans?  (Read 7949 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I was reading the interview just now, and I heard a mention of Vasudans, but you really didn't get even vaguley specific on them.

So, can I ask a few questions?

1) I understand that a small number of Vasudans were obviously in Sol at the time of the Lucy's big boom, but where there really enough to have them be a contributing force?

2) They are viewed as enemies, it said. Do they play a key role in this, or are they background forces who interfere every now and then?

3) What do have agains them, :p?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
1) There was a fleet (in favor for new Terran-Vasudan Alliance) to assist to secure Sol for coming destruction. Naturaly they were trapped there, they breethed and built more ships.

2) Secret of state my friend. They have major role in MG, they're the other side. And since player is on side of UTS (Terrans) its natural that Vasudans are enemies in his eyes. Simplity of war.

3) What did NTF have against Vasudans? They grew tired to share system with "outsiders", Vasudans went otherside of system. Until whole system grew too small. War broke out, though there is something else that made this to happen (figure out by yourself). This too should be covered in story/background

I hope this was sufficent? :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 10:52:36 am by 895 »
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Are you guys using anything of what I was drawing up about the Vasudans before I left?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Miburo
3) What did NTF have against Vasudans? They grew tired to share system with "outsiders", Vasudans went otherside of system. Until whole system grew too small. War broke out, though there is something else that made this to happen (figure out by yourself). This too should be covered in story/background

Arrgh! I typed you in there, but it didn't show. I meant what do you have against the Vasudans... lol

And where did they colonize? They couldn't... Would have to be all habitation vessels...

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Are you guys using anything of what I was drawing up about the Vasudans before I left?

I don’t think we’ve veered dramatically from the path we were on when you left – it's pretty much been extrapolation and not re-invention.  But it’s been quite a while, so PM me if you have anything specific in mind.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

Arrgh! I typed you in there, but it didn't show. I meant what do you have against the Vasudans... lol

And where did they colonize? They couldn't... Would have to be all habitation vessels...

I have nothing against Vasudans personally *burn them all! Eat their fishes!*, well the fact in here is that Vasudans aren't any badder than Terrans, which will be shown in MG. Player just happens to be on side of UTS.

Well at first Earth and its nearby planets were shared and lived mixed Terran and Vasudan, until Vasudans were driven away when they went around Pluto (irony, coming from warm planet and thrown in coldest planet in Sol). Basicly they have some colonys maybe, but mostly live in ships and installations.
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Without giving too muchg away the basic plotline is this.

A small vasudan fleet was sent to help the 1st Terran in Sol when it looked like the lucifer might be heading there. When the lucy took out the node they were trapped there.

In the dark days that followed the Vasudans present in Sol became viewed with suspicion and distrust. After all some vasudans had even aided the Shivans so how could anyone trust the ones in Sol?
 The GTA was eventually replaced in favour of the UTS who favoured taking a harder line with the vasudans. Under this new government the vasudans were banished to Pluto.

Since they were vanished very little has been heard from the vasudans. The UTS believes that some of the pirate raids in the outer planets may be from vasudan forces but the don't think the vasudans are up to much out there.

Of course the UTS have forgotten that the vasudans are use to surviving in harsh conditions and now they have had more than an entire generation to increase their numbers and ships.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
ah, that's not what I wrote (not exactly, at least :D)

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

There were also Vasudan R&R facilities (for the crews of the ships undergoing repair) in the Sahara and the Australian Outback, the Anubis I Medical Facility at Earth's L2 point, and many Vasudan techs and scientists at the ultra-secret Mercury Darkside base.  All in all, there were many more Vasudans in the Solar System than was commonly known.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Edit: Nevermind I read the story, and it explained a bit...

I'll have a new question soon enough...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 09:16:53 am by 273 »