Author Topic: Contraband  (Read 63005 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So how much do you have to pay to download a copy? :p

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Sorted the HUD now.  It scales properly.  Only thing I need to figure out now is how to get it to do what Blue Planet does - warble text in a readable font, other text in BankGothic.
You can find the BP fonts in bp2-core.vp/fonts
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

Why do you use the exact same code authorization for every piece of intel you have (the same as the colly obviously...)?

what's the connection between all this and Scottish islands anyway
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I suspect nothing. The real connection is with teeny tiny horses.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

ah, but rheyah previously mentioned something called orkney as well (what i want to know is if the hebrides will be getting a showing)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
Why do you use the exact same code authorization for every piece of intel you have (the same as the colly obviously...)?

The Colossus cutscene suggests that authorization classified level RHO is standard GTVA military officer ranks or higher.  The GTVA Security Act, Deneb Convention, Section 21-3-5 governs the punishment of unauthorised leaks of military and strategic intelligence :)

Its something the GTVA doesn't want getting out into the general populace.

Offline Rheyah

The Hebrides will feature as well.  The naming convention is intentional.

I would also like to add that I will be doing a little writing for the Earth Defence project so if you like some of my writing, some of it will show up in that project as well :)  Other than that I plan to do my mission every few weeks pace that I've been maintaining for Shetland due to having ideas of my own that I want to get out.

And of course, I will continue to update this every day or two just to continue to build the story of Shetland up in peoples heads :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:44:58 pm by Rheyah »

Offline Rheyah

Okay!  So I've been helping Earth Defense get some of this stuff together but in the meantime I played through Vassago's Dirge and did some FREDsploitation to get a feel for how to make my missions feel more exciting.

I have also decided to release a two mission demo with truncated assets which will be going live in the next two weeks or so.  This will serve as a means to give feedback on my general mission design, solve a few things that are bugging me personally and will also serve as a pre-pre alpha.  These missions will introduce the narrative style and a few of the characters and will form part of the first campaign.

It will also give me the opportunity to get a ton of criticism on my FREDing.

Watch this space.

do you need a tester count me in

Offline Rheyah

I don't need one right now, since I will be publicly releasing something for people to play for the purposes of FRED critique.  I will need beta testers later though :)

Just as a point, there'll be no custom music because I remain completely in love with the Freespace 2 soundtrack and think it perfectly suits everything I'll want to do.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:32:54 pm by Rheyah »

Offline Rheyah

GTVI-23-4-67B PRIORITY ONE COMM
FAO CO, GTD IMPERVIOUS, IRF 4TH FLT, CMMD EYES ONLY
*****, GTVI Security Branch

SIGHTING UNCONFIRM:  SHV FGT, vol. 34-30-40-37.  Src:  civ contractor (DETAILS ATTACHED).  Second hand.  No vis.
Be advised.  GTVI-CLAUSE 37 in effect.  Investigate.

>>

FAO CO, GTFG ROMA
CO, GTD Impervious

Lilian,

Received this from GTVI Sec at 2340 yesterday (FWD).  Unconfirmed sighting beyond the Petrarch.  Seven systems distant.  Should be a hop skip for the Roma.

Probably another false alarm but GTVI has had odd reports coming out of that sector for a while.  While you're there, try and calm the locals.  If it's Etos again, don't be afraid to step in.  Deal with them or whoever is antagonising them as you see fit.

Fleet will remain at condition two.  Report back every twelve solar hours.  You have full theatre command until relieved.  Operate under GTVI Clause 37 - you have complete control of local law enforcement.  Direct them as you see fit.

We will be convening for the annual CXO dinner at 1600 on the fifteenth.  Try to get back by then.

Good hunting,

Wilson

>>

FAO CO, GTD IMPERVIOUS
CO, GTCv Roma

Will do my best, Sir.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:33:01 am by Rheyah »

Offline Rheyah

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:36:46 am by Rheyah »

Offline Rheyah

An update. I am currently working on the scripts and plot events for missions 3, 4, 5 and 6 with both 3 and 4 being done in FRED at the moment.  I think people will like where I am going with this whole series.  Sadly decided to nix the demo - I didn't see the point until I have something that people can really get their teeth into :)

Since I intend to complete this mostly as a solo project unless people -really- take a shine to the story, it will be a while before I have anything worth delivering.  However, when I do, I will post here :)

A few spoilers of note:

- the Shivans will be dealt with.  I already know how they are going to work into the plot but it'll be dealt with on a much more personal level than a lot of campaigns choose to.  The bulk of your time, you are going to be fighting privateers, pirates, security forces, PMCs, mercs and even the GTVA.  Shivans, however, are ultimately the backdrop to all of this.  Expect them to retain a mystique.  You will not be defeating them on their own turf.

- each faction or group has their own method of working.  Don't expect waves of ships.  Defeating 20 fighters is a serious victory.  Don't expect to do it very often.

- there is an incomprehensible series of events which can occur in Mission 2 which has a bonus event attached to it.  If, by some miracle, you managed to actually pull this bonus objective off, expect a logical conclusion.  In other words, have fun in the missions!  I'm taking a MUD approach to what players can do and aim to do.

- missions are being designed from the perspective of a faction with extremely limited resources.  Anything you can do to alleviate will be scripted into a mission.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:47:42 pm by Rheyah »

Offline Rheyah

Hello!

Small update.  Due to some of the conversation trees present in my missions, it has become apparent that the Training Message is no longer suitable for those conversations. As an example, the first nested conversation tree you come across includes some 30 events including 7 prompts for user interaction.  As such I have spent the last day or so figuring out how to use Axems PromptBox and I can report that I now have it working which means that every conversation in this mod will have a mouse clickable conversation system!

I will be posting screenshots of my progress most likely tomorrow including pretty screenshots of Orkney Station and some use of PromptBox.

I am also beta testing another Axem script and hope to be able to show this off soon with his permission :)  It'll make certain missions I have planned much more engaging.  Again I'm thankful to Axem for being so generous with his hard work and time.

Offline Lorric

Looking forward to seeing it.

Offline Axem

I am also beta testing another Axem script and hope to be able to show this off soon with his permission :)

DO IT BRO! DOOO ITTTT!

Rheyah i read all this, this can be a very powerful campaing. i am a very newbie in all this ( Fredding and writing in english) xD
if i can help you with little things., like tech descriptions, weapons, beta tester or, anything. in order to adquire experience and also start to help with something.

bye  :D

Offline Rheyah

I think what I'd like more than anything is for people just to continue enjoying my updates and for Axem to be happy with the occasional bit of whining about FRED.

Script you sent me looks really good, btw.  I can make serious use of this :)