Author Topic: Phoenix Point - From X-COM creator  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Phoenix Point - From X-COM creator
http://www.phoenixpoint.info/

We'll see how it goes I guess.
CF campaing is like 75% there atm, so it get's funded. Release is scheduled Q4 2018.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Phoenix Point - From X-COM creator
I was going to complain that instead of doing yet another X-Com he should go further back and update Chaos and Lords of Chaos. And then I googled and realised that he had.

See you all next month!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's only available on Steam.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

XCOM with a real geoscape sounds really attractive, XCOM with old XCOM combat would be incredibly bad. I hope he has the perceptiveness to learn from what Firaxis got right.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I am most interested in two features that are teased:

a) Having non-alien factions in the mix which have a standing based on your actions and alligances.

b) The AI elvoving its troop roster depending on mission performance of its units.

Esspecially the last bit is going to be interesting as to how it is facilitated because adaptable AIs can lead to quite the difficulty spike if they pull out their "rock" after having played several rounds just "paper".

Also, behemoths sound fun...

XCOM with a real geoscape sounds really attractive, XCOM with old XCOM combat would be incredibly bad. I hope he has the perceptiveness to learn from what Firaxis got right.

Eurogamer ran an preview with exactly that question in mind, from what they said it follows that the combat will be closer to the Firaxis-version but with a few changes (e.g. two actions but your movement speed depends on your weapon)

EDIT: This preview:
https://youtu.be/1GgBHRYpmpk
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

please fund our game so our devs can afford to work by electric lights instead of gas lanterns

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'll be adding my £££ to this as thanks for the Original X-Com above all else.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Huh so it's X-Com/The Mist/UFO-Aftermath. I could tell immediately from one look at the Geoscape that they've taken huge inspiration from the UFO series.