Author Topic: Shipyard - Tutorial Mission  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Shipyard - Tutorial Mission
I remember months ago you asked me to go through the FRED2 tutorial that comes with the retail. And I followed it, word-by-word and on the spot. I even put in the skybox provided by the MediaVPs and those created for it as well.

Here is the mission. It is under the attachments section.

This thread not only discusses shipyard tutorial missions, but also a debate on how to improve the retail FRED tutorial to work on today's assets provided by the MediaVPs and on the latest version of FSO.

For me personally, I wanted to start small before embarking on larger projects. I do not want to waste time explaining my projects that undergo drastic changes during development, because I know the problem about the twists and turns that I'm going through all these years following my silence during college days (2009-2013) would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until I can be very certain about what lies ahead of me.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:41:49 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Shipyard - Tutorial Mission
How heavily have you playtested this? Searching for bugs is a major part of development and you need to learn how to find and fix them, so it's important that you did it yourself before handing it out to other people.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Shipyard - Tutorial Mission
How heavily have you playtested this? Searching for bugs is a major part of development and you need to learn how to find and fix them, so it's important that you did it yourself before handing it out to other people.
Yep. I did. I found two bugs and fixed them. Other than that, it's ready to go.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...