Author Topic: FSPort Problem  (Read 2480 times)

I installed Freespace Port 3.3, FS Open 3.6.18 and the launcher 5.5 according to the instructions but when I try to play the 2nd part of the tutorial has a drone model missing and I can't take out the sensors.  I was assuming this was because I didn't have the mediavps correct but FSport appears to come with a mediavps based on the .12 version.  Am I wrong?  When I boot up the mod it tells me there are 71 errors on loading. Not sure what else I can do other than download mediavps again which is a major pain with my internet.

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Welcome !

Please generate a log according to these instructions ...

...then one of our support ninja will be very pleased to help you.

Enjoy your stay !
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

The vanilla seems to work fine.  Damn fun too.  Wish my joystick worked.  I will submit via the link when I finish killing baddies.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Based on what I'm reading...

In order to play FSPort with the MediaVPs, you need the following.

FSPort 3.3
FSPort-MediaVPs
MediaVPs 3.6.12

I'm betting you didn't download one of the latter MediaVPs packs.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Yeah I got all the .12 packs downloaded and properly installed and was able to play through the tutorial just fine.  Looking forward to it.  Really need a joystick though cause constantly having to move my mouse back sucks. Why isn't the mouse controls set up like WC Saga?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I believe there's a mouse script available that will give you the control style that you're after.  I've not used it myself since I have a joystick, but this thread might help?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74435.0
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I believe there's a mouse script available that will give you the control style that you're after.  I've not used it myself since I have a joystick, but this thread might help?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74435.0

Thanks man I'll check it out.  Joystick is in the mail.