GTF Loki
1 (1.5%)
GTF Ulysses
2 (3%)
Other (specify)
9 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 10, 2003, 01:06:21 pm

Author Topic: "Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"  (Read 17103 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
"Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"
And this poll is:

What is your favorite playable fighter?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
*Fire Control, target Woolie Wool.  Warm up the beam.  And... FIRE!*

Exits are to the sides and rear.  Personal flamethrowers are located beneath your seat in case of emergency or naughty disposition.  If you run into any Shivans while crawling through the ductwork, it's probably just Carl.  Give him your lunch, back away slowly, and you'll be fine.

Since you neglected to post any Vasudan ships, I'll go with the Herc II.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Vasudan ships?
/me rounds up Vasudans and hands them to a bunch of hungry Shivans.

For some reason I have a deep loathing of Vasudans and a desire to fight on the Shivan side (maybe because Shivan ships are so damn cool...).

My favorite playable ship is the GTF Ares, with the Mara a close second. You can actually keep shooting in an Ares for a while without running out of juice as opposed to an Erinyes. The Mara would be better had it more hull hitpoints and secondary weapons capacity. Speaking of secondary weapons capacity, the Erinyes could use a lot more.

But what I really want to fly is an SF Dragon. I've designed tables to make the Dragon playable, but I can't get weapons to work! Help!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 01:21:30 pm by 1099 »

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
My favorite is the one I use to strafe newbs who start polls.

'Tis best to nip this tendency in the bud, lest we get another rash of poll-spamming.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Lonestar

• Fred Zone Guru
    • United Gamers Coalition
The Vasudan Bomber "Sekhemet".

Ill fight anything in it, fighters, cruisers, corvettes, destroyers, transports you name it. I will kill it in a Sekhemet.

Same goes for the Terran Bomber GTB Ursa. Got to be the best Terran Bomber out there along with the Boanerges.

I wont fly the Herc II much, however i have a great amount of respect for it. Although its missile load capacity reaches no where near the Sekhemet (I know its a bomber, but its as good as any fighter out there, and if flown right is better), the Herc II makes up for it in speed and primary guns. Even tyhough all ships have different primary gun power drain, the power management makes this not a worry.

Fear The Sekhemet....

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If you want to dogfight in a bomber, the Artemis D.H. is your ship. Those ****ers can outmaneuver a Herc II. But what really wins in the "pain in the ass" category is the SF Manticore. They are ridiculously hard to hit, and the Horus is no fun to dogfight either.

If you're really crazy, a Helios can be fitted to a GTF Myrmidon fighter, but the enemy ship's turrets can take you out easily while you're getting a lock. That is, if the enemy ship is not a piece of crap like an Orion or Aten.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 01:27:22 pm by 1099 »

--General Battuta

What?! No Pegasus?!!?!

:(

Oh well, I'll go with GTF Perseus 2nd favourite :D

Cor

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Corhellion
What?! No Pegasus?!!?!

You're kidding, right?

Right?

Seriously, if you're piloting a Pegasus or (even worse) a Ptah (that name is the sound I make when I have to fly one...), once you are sighted by an enemy ship you can kiss your ass goodbye as the enemy's primaries rip through your paper-thin hull.

--General Battuta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, both my favorite fighter and bomber are vasudan (Tauret and Sekhmet), but out of those it is without a doubt the Mara. This thing is so good as to be unbalanced since it excels in almost every way, with great speed/maneuverability, very heavy armor, the biggest missile banks of any fighter and as a bonus, the ability to very slowly slide. :D The only problem is its terrible primary weapon compatibility, but it can still use the powerful Kayser. I suppose that the Mara is not really a standard ship though, so out of the more "normal" Terran fighters it would probably be the Ares for me.

But what really wins in the "pain in the ass" category is the SF Manticore

That award I think should go to the Dragon. Very small and hard to hit, and incredibly maneuverable. The Horus can be annoying too, but it can't compare to that Dragon.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by CP5670
That award I think should go to the Dragon. Very small and hard to hit, and incredibly maneuverable. The Horus can be annoying too, but it can't compare to that Dragon.

The Dragon is just a little bit less of a pain because there's less of them and they don't appear during the TAG mission (if there were Dragons in the TAG mission, it would have taken the pain in the ass award). Manticores, on the other hand, are ****ing EVERYWHERE,  and if you don't have any secondaries left over and have Prometheus on your ship (never EVER bring along. Prometheus when you'll be left missile-less against Manticores or Dragons!), you're pretty much ****ed. Plus, Dragons at least are the coolest-looking ships in the game and you have some eye candy to relieve the frustration with.

If only I could FLY a Dragon...

--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
If only I could FLY a Dragon...

Ever play the original Freespace? ;7 :thepimp:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

Ever play the original Freespace? ;7 :thepimp:

No, but I'm gonna download the FS-FS2 conversion and then I'll change my missions to work with the conversion (teach the last remaining Apollos [instead of Lokis] in the GTVA what Kaysers are!)

--General Battuta

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
The Herc II is only worth flying if you have the six-gun mod.
Sod the Sekhmet, you can take down anything in a Herc II!

'cept capships, of course. Ok, I'll go with... THE ATHENA!!!

Offline Nuclear1

I liked flying Vasudan ships better than Terran ships, for some odd reason. When SA comes out, you will Ph34r Vasudan fighters :thepimp:

Anyway, my favorite Terran ship would be the Herc II.

Now for the welcome...

Welcome to HLPBB!

Exits are to the rear and left in case of emergency with shotguns, laser cannons, and mortars under the seats, in the cabinets, and near the exits, respectively. Watch out for any Shivans crawling around, and if any approach you, just give them your lunch and you'll be allright. Watch out for ZB when you have less than 200 posts. And watch out for me when I'm angry, cause I'll take your PIES! :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I love the Herc2 fighter. Most of the time i load it with 2 Kayser banks. 1 Tornado bank and 1 bank of Harpoons. After that the perseus interceptor and atlast the Enrys.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Myrm.  6 gun points are better than 4, and it has no real weaknesses.  Zues can also be good fun, i like the long afterburner supply, but if only it was a tad bit faster. :sigh:

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
And this poll is:

What is your favorite playable fighter?

Wow this guy is fast. :yes:

Mara. :nod:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
The Athena all the way.

That baby is a real ship. Has looks. Has Power. Has the speed like no other.

*drools*

;7 ;7 ;7
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Peronally, my first place goes to the Apolllo for old style charm value. Second goes to the Sekhmet because it's so damn fine, and third goes to the Athena because of a combination of both.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Knight Templar
The Athena all the way.

That baby is a real ship. Has looks. Has Power. Has the speed like no other.

*drools*

;7 ;7 ;7

hell yeah...

but if it is an FS2 ship...mara r0x0rz all...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...